For many visitors, a trip to a Disney resort isn’t complete without the spectacle of a fireworks show. Lighting up the night sky in a burst of color and magic, these displays are a sight to behold. But with multiple resorts spread across different locations, you might be wondering, which Disney resort has the best view of the fireworks?
The best Disney resort for a view of the fireworks is generally considered to be Disney’s Contemporary Resort, which offers prime views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Other resorts with excellent views include Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort. However, the best resort for you may depend on which fireworks show you’re most interested in.
The Magic of Disney Fireworks
Disney is renowned for its nightly fireworks displays, creating a magical end to a day of fun and adventure. From the Magic Kingdom’s ‘Disney Enchantment’ to EPCOT’s ‘Harmonious’, each show is a unique experience. But the view you get can significantly enhance this experience.
Ranking Disney Resorts for Fireworks Views
Several Disney resorts offer views of the fireworks. However, some stand out more than others when it comes to the quality of the view. Here’s a ranking of the best resorts for fireworks views:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: This resort offers a prime location with views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: This resort provides theme park views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from its beach area.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Guests can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from theme park view rooms, the marina, and the ferry dock.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort: This resort offers views of the EPCOT fireworks, Harmonious.
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts: These resorts offer views of the EPCOT fireworks from rooms and common areas.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: High-floor Standard View rooms in the Gran Destino Tower offer views of the EPCOT or Hollywood Studios fireworks.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort: Some rooms at this resort offer fireworks views.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort: This resort provides views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Disney’s Swan Reserve: This Marriott-owned hotel offers perfect viewing of nearby fireworks at both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios from its rooms.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: This resort offers views of Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios fireworks while dining at the rooftop restaurant, Topolino’s Terrace.
Securing the Best Fireworks View
Securing the best view requires some planning. Here are some tips to help you get the best view:
- Research the resort layout: This can provide an idea of the best spots for views.
- Book early: Top-tier suites and rooms with a view often get booked quickly.
- Request a room with a view: Make your preference known at the time of booking.
- Check-in early: Rooms are often assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Be friendly and polite: A positive impression can go a long way in getting your request granted.
The Cost of a Fireworks View
Fireworks view rooms come at a premium. For example, at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Fireworks View rooms cost about $700 per night. At Disney’s Contemporary Resort, a fireworks view room can cost up to $1,200. These prices reflect the unique and memorable experience these rooms offer.
Dining with a View
Several dining options at various resorts offer unique views of the fireworks. These include Disney’s California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, and Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. Make sure to book in advance and request seating with a view of the fireworks.
In conclusion, the best Disney resort for fireworks views depends on which fireworks show you’re interested in. With careful planning and early booking, you can secure a room with a stunning view of the fireworks, creating a truly magical Disney experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I see the fireworks from all the rooms in the resorts mentioned?
No, not all rooms in these resorts offer views of the fireworks. It’s best to specifically request a room with a view when booking and check-in early to secure one.
Can I watch the fireworks from outside the Disney resorts?
Yes, you can watch the fireworks from outside the resorts. However, you won’t get the same view as you would from the resorts mentioned above, and the experience may not be as magical.
What time do the fireworks usually start at Disney resorts?
The fireworks at Disney resorts typically start around 9:00 PM, but times can vary depending on the season and specific events. It’s best to check the schedule on Disney’s official website or app.
Is the cost of the room the only expense for a fireworks view?
No, the cost of the room is not the only expense. There may be additional costs for meals and other amenities at the resort.
Are the fireworks shows different at each park?
Yes, each park has its own unique fireworks show. For example, ‘Disney Enchantment’ at the Magic Kingdom and ‘Harmonious’ at EPCOT.
Is it possible to watch the fireworks from a non-Disney hotel?
While it’s possible to see the fireworks from some non-Disney hotels, the view and experience won’t be as spectacular as from the Disney resorts.