Have you ever wondered how far Disneyland is from Anaheim? Well, you’re not alone. This question is one of the most frequently asked questions by visitors planning their trip to the “Happiest Place on Earth.” In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the distance and travel options from different parts of Anaheim to Disneyland.
Disneyland Resort is located in Anaheim, California. The distance between Disneyland and the center of Anaheim is approximately 1 mile. Therefore, depending on where you are in Anaheim, a trip to Disneyland could be a short walk or a quick ride away.
Where is Disneyland Located?
Disneyland Resort, a world-renowned entertainment complex, is located in Anaheim, California, approximately 30 miles south of Los Angeles. The resort is situated in the Anaheim Resort area, several miles south of downtown Anaheim, near the border of neighboring Garden Grove. It’s conveniently located between Santa Ana and Los Angeles, making it easily accessible for visitors traveling from these cities.
Distance Between Disneyland and Anaheim
The distance between Disneyland and the center of Anaheim is approximately 1 mile. The Alpine Inn Anaheim, a hotel within walking distance of both Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center, is a mere 10-minute walk from Disneyland. Therefore, depending on where you are in Anaheim, a trip to Disneyland could be a short walk or a quick ride away.
Transportation Options to Disneyland
There are several transportation options available for visitors traveling from Anaheim to Disneyland:
- Anaheim Regional Transportation (ART): ART provides a convenient, affordable shuttle service throughout Anaheim. Buses travel from area hotels to the Disneyland Resort.
- Shuttle Services: Companies like Transit Van Shuttle offer door-to-door transportation services from various locations in Southern California, including Anaheim, to Disneyland.
- Rideshare Services: Uber and Lyft are popular options for travel to Disneyland. The pick-up location for these services is typically the Disneyland Main Entrance on Harbor Blvd.
- Walking: Depending on your location in Anaheim, walking could be a viable option. For instance, a real-time walk from The Anaheim Hotel to the closest entrance of the Disneyland Resort took just over 6 minutes.
- Public Buses: Public bus services like Bus Route 43 North can drop you at the Harbor-East Shuttle Area in Anaheim, from where Disneyland Resort is approximately a 2-minute walk.
- Train: If you’re near a train station, you can take a train to the Anaheim-Artic Metrolink Station, which is a 59-minute walk to Disneyland. From the station, you can use the ART shuttle service to reach Disneyland.
When planning a trip to Disneyland, it’s important to consider peak times and traffic considerations. The park experiences a surge of arriving guests for about 2 hours, peaking between 10–11 a.m. The busiest months for traffic are typically June, July, and August. To avoid crowds, mid-week visits — Tuesdays to Thursdays — are typically less crowded.
Visiting Disneyland from Anaheim can be a quick and convenient trip, depending on your location and mode of transportation. Whether you choose to walk, take a shuttle, or use a rideshare service, Disneyland is easily accessible from various parts of Anaheim. So, pack your bags, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure at Disneyland!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the operating hours of Disneyland?
Disneyland Resort’s operating hours may vary depending on the season and day of the week. It’s best to check the official Disneyland website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Is there parking available at Disneyland?
Yes, Disneyland Resort offers ample parking for guests. The Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures are the primary parking areas for Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, and Downtown Disney District.
Are there restaurants and eateries within Disneyland?
Yes, Disneyland is home to a variety of restaurants and eateries, catering to a wide range of culinary tastes and dietary needs. From fine dining to quick service, Disneyland has it all.
Is Disneyland wheelchair accessible?
Yes, Disneyland is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs and Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) are available for rent at the park. Most of the park’s attractions, restaurants, shops, and shows are accessible to guests with mobility disabilities.
Does Disneyland offer discounts for large groups or corporate events?
Disneyland does offer group rates and special packages for large parties, school groups, and corporate events. You can find more information on the Disneyland website or by contacting Disney directly.