If you’re planning a trip to Disneyland, one of the first things you need to consider is parking. The Disneyland Resort parking lots, including the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, are crucial parts of your Disneyland adventure. This article will provide an in-depth look at the Disneyland parking lot opening times, including tips and tricks for an easy parking experience.
The Disneyland Resort parking lots, including the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, typically open 60 minutes prior to the earliest Disneyland Resort theme park opening time. For example, if Disneyland Park opens at 9 AM and Disney California Adventure Park opens at 8 AM, the parking structures will open at 7 AM. During peak seasons, the parking structures may open even earlier, sometimes 90 minutes before the earliest scheduled park opening time. Please note that these schedules are subject to change.
Disneyland Parking Lot: An Overview
Disneyland Resort has two main parking areas: the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures. These parking areas are designed to accommodate a large number of vehicles and provide easy access to the theme parks. The parking structures typically open 60 minutes prior to the earliest Disneyland Resort theme park opening time. For example, if Disneyland Park opens at 9 AM and Disney California Adventure Park opens at 8 AM, the parking structures will open at 7 AM.
During peak seasons, such as the Christmas or Thanksgiving holiday season, the parking structures may open even earlier, sometimes 90 minutes before the earliest scheduled park opening time. Keep in mind that these schedules are subject to change, and the parking lots will ultimately open whenever Disney cast members are ready to welcome guests.
Tips for Parking at Disneyland
Planning to park at Disneyland right when the parking lot opens? Here are a few tips:
- Arrive Early: It’s always a good idea to arrive at the parking structure at least one hour before the scheduled park opening time. This will give you enough time to find a parking spot and make your way to the theme parks.
- Choose the Right Parking Location: Consider which park you plan to visit first and choose your parking location accordingly. For example, if you’re planning to visit Disney California Adventure Park first, it might be a good idea to park at the Pixar Pals parking structure.
- Be Prepared for Security Checks: Before entering the parks, all guests must go through a security check. Make sure you have your bags ready for inspection to speed up the process.
- Remember Where You Parked: Disneyland Resort parking lots are huge, and it can be easy to forget where you parked. Take a picture of your parking location or write it down to help you remember.
- Consider Parking Fees: Disneyland Resort charges a parking fee for all guests. The current parking fee is $25 per vehicle for a standard car or motorcycle. Oversized vehicles, like RVs, have a parking fee of $30.
- Take Advantage of In-and-Out Privileges: Planning to leave the park and come back later in the day? Keep your parking receipt! Disneyland Resort offers in-and-out privileges, so you can leave the parking lot and return later in the day without having to pay the parking fee again.
Knowing the Disneyland parking lot opening times and planning ahead can make your trip to Disneyland Resort a lot smoother. Remember to arrive early, choose the right parking location, be prepared for security checks, remember where you parked, consider parking fees, and take advantage of in-and-out privileges. With these tips in mind, you’re ready for a magical day at Disneyland Resort!
Please note that all information is subject to change and it’s always a good idea to check the official Disneyland Resort website for the most up-to-date information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I reserve a parking spot at Disneyland in advance?
No, Disneyland does not offer advance parking reservations. Parking is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Is there any shuttle service available from the parking lots to the park entrances?
Yes, Disneyland provides complimentary tram service from the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures to the park entrances. Please note that tram service may be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19 safety measures.
Are there any parking discounts available for Disneyland Annual Passholders?
Yes, some Disneyland Annual Passes include parking benefits. For example, Signature Plus, Signature, and Premier Annual Passholders receive free parking at any Disneyland Resort parking facility. However, it’s always a good idea to check the latest benefits included in your pass type on the official Disneyland website.
Is there any preferred parking option at Disneyland?
Yes, Disneyland offers preferred parking for an additional fee. Preferred parking places your vehicle closer to the elevators and escalators leading to the Disneyland Resort tram stop. The current fee for preferred parking is $40 per vehicle.
Can I leave my car parked overnight at Disneyland?
No, overnight parking is not allowed at Disneyland Resort. Vehicles left in the parking lots after closing time may be towed at the owner’s expense.