The Fast and Furious Ride at Universal Studios, officially known as Fast & Furious – Supercharged, is a high-octane, immersive attraction based on the popular Fast & Furious film franchise. Located at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Florida, the ride takes guests on a thrilling, high-speed chase, immersing them in the high-stakes world of underground racing.
The Fast and Furious Ride, officially known as Fast & Furious – Supercharged, is a thrilling attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood and Florida. Based on the popular Fast & Furious film franchise, the ride immerses guests in a high-speed chase in the world of underground racing. It features characters from the movies, custom ride vehicles, high-resolution visuals, and a unique queue experience. The ride also uses a Virtual Line system to manage wait times.
Concept and Design
The main concept of Fast & Furious – Supercharged is to fully immerse guests into the world of the Fast & Furious franchise. As a dark ride, it offers an action-packed journey featuring characters from the movies, such as Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, and Tyrese Gibson. The ride is designed to simulate the thrilling car chases and high-speed action sequences that the franchise is known for. In Hollywood, the attraction is part of the Studio Tour, while in Florida, guests board a party bus.
Fast & Furious – Supercharged offers several unique features that differentiate it from other theme park rides:
- Easter Eggs and References: The ride is full of references and Easter eggs related to the Fast & Furious franchise and Universal parks, including nods to closed attractions at Universal Studios Florida.
- Custom Ride Vehicle: The ride uses a custom vehicle with trackless technology, similar to the one used in Skull Island: Reign of Kong.
- High Frame Rate and Resolution: The Orlando version of the ride presents the experience in 2D instead of 3D, with an increased frame rate and resolution to make the image more three-dimensional for park guests.
- Involvement of Franchise Producers and Writers: The producers and writers of the Fast & Furious franchise were involved in the scripting and design of the ride.
- Queue Experience: The queue for the ride features replica cars from the franchise, as well as a tour of the Fast & Furious family’s headquarters, including the Family Room and Tej’s War Room.
- Virtual Line System: Fast & Furious – Supercharged uses Universal Studios Florida’s Virtual Line system, allowing guests to select a ride time via the Official Universal Orlando Resort Mobile App or kiosks near the attraction, instead of waiting in a physical line.
The ride has several safety measures in place to ensure the well-being of its riders. Riders must be at least 40 inches (102 cm) tall to ride with a supervising companion, and 48 inches tall to ride alone. The ride features various passenger restraint systems, such as lap bars, shoulder harnesses, and seat belts, which must be positioned and fastened properly to ensure guest safety. Guests in wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) must transfer to the ride vehicle to ride. Prosthetic limbs must be detached or secured before riding.
Storyline and Characters
The storyline of the ride revolves around guests being invited to an exclusive race after-party by the Fast family. However, the party is interrupted by Owen Shaw, the villain from the sixth installment of the franchise. FBI Agent Novak breaks up the party held by Roman, and Dom, Letty, and Hobbs make appearances via hologram to address the guests. A high-speed chase ensues, featuring chaotic action sequences.
Tips for First-Time Visitors
For first-time visitors planning to experience the Fast and Furious Ride, here are some tips:
- Arrive early or use the Virtual Line System to avoid long wait times.
- Choose the right seat for the best Fast and Furious experience.
- Consider a Front of the Line pass to skip the lines.
- Use the Official Universal Orlando Resort App to learn more about the crew, the cars, and compete in Fast trivia while you wait in line.
- Try the ride at night for a different and exciting experience.
- Bring snacks as guests are allowed to bring them on the Studio Tour, which includes the Fast & Furious ride.
Fast & Furious: Supercharged is a must-try for fans of the franchise, offering a thrilling and immersive experience that brings the high-speed action of the Fast & Furious movies to life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the operating hours of the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride?
The operating hours of the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride vary depending on the season and day of the week. It is recommended to check the official Universal Studios website or app for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Is Fast & Furious – Supercharged suitable for children?
The Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride is designed for guests of all ages. However, there is a height requirement for safety reasons. Children must be at least 40 inches (102 cm) tall to ride with a supervising companion, and 48 inches tall to ride alone.
Is the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride available at Universal Studios in other countries?
Currently, the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride is only available at Universal Studios in Hollywood and Florida in the United States.
Is the ride accessible for guests with disabilities?
Yes, the ride is accessible for guests with disabilities. However, guests in wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) must be able to transfer to the ride vehicle to ride.
Is there any merchandise available related to the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride?
Yes, there is a variety of merchandise available related to the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride. You can find it in the gift shops at Universal Studios.
How long does the ride last?
The duration of the Fast & Furious – Supercharged ride varies, but it typically lasts about 5 minutes. This does not include the time spent in the queue, which features an immersive experience of its own.