October is one of the best times to visit Universal Studios.
Throughout the month, you’ll enjoy some of the cheapest ticket prices all year, lower crowd levels than the other months, and shorter wait times.
So if you’re wondering how busy Universal Studios Orlando is during October, the answer is “not much”.
It usually experiences the least crowd during the first and third weeks, while the second week gets slightly busy due to the Columbus Day holiday.
You will only start to notice larger crowds during the last week of October due to Halloween Horror Nights, one of Universal Studios’ most significant yearly events.
- October is one of the least busy months in Universal Studios Orlando. During this time, most children are already back at school after the Labor Day celebration.
- This makes it one of the best times to visit if you don’t like huge crowds. The crowd can go up during weekends due to locals visiting the park.
- Moreover, the Halloween Horror Nights event is celebrated at the end of the month, so this is something to note.
If you want to enjoy Universal Studios without massive crowds, then October is the best month for a vacation. Alternatively, you can wait until the last week to participate in the Halloween Horror Nights.
Crowd Level in Universal Studios Orlando During October
If you plan to visit Universal Studios Orlando in October, we recommend visiting either during the first or third week.
The main reason is that these are the least crowded times of the month, allowing you to enjoy the park without dealing with massive crowds and long wait times.
If you don’t like the Halloween season, it’s best to avoid the last week of the month as it will also become crowded due to people attending the event.
The same goes for the second week due to the Columbus Day celebration.
On the other hand, if you’re a fan of Halloween, it’d be best to visit during the last week of the month.
The Halloween Horror Nights is an exciting event where you can witness Halloween-themed attractions throughout the park.
Here, you can witness your nightmares come to life, and there are even decorations from popular shows like The Haunting of Hill House and Stranger Things.
Tips To Keep in Mind When Visiting Universal Studios Orlando in October
While October experiences fewer crowds on average, you can’t just expect not to wait in line at some attractions and rides.
To make the most out of your vacation, here are some tips we recommend you follow when you decide to visit during October:
- Use the Express Pass program if you want to skip the lines. Additionally, take advantage of the VIP Experience to maximize your time during your visit. They will even provide a guide who will escort you throughout the parks. Of course, only get this if you have extra money to spare.
- Before your vacation, make sure to look for any deals and specials. Look for deals that include tickets, dining, and hotel accommodations in a single package. This way, you can enjoy massive savings.
- You can enter the Harry Potter lands before it officially opens, provided you stay in one of Universal Studio Orlando’s resorts.
- Expect massive crowds during Halloween Horror Nights. If you want to enjoy the event on a single night, we recommend buying the Universal Express Pass so you can skip the lines.
October is no doubt one of the best times of the year to visit Universal Studios Orlando. It has one of the lowest crowd levels of the year, so you can also expect shorter wait times than usual.
If you’re not a fan of huge crowds, October is the perfect month for your planned vacation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is October a Good Time To Visit Universal Studios Orlando?
If you want to enjoy your Universal Studios Orlando vacation without massive crowds, then October is a good time to visit.
Schedule your vacation on the first or third week, as they typically have the lowest crowd level throughout the month.
What Events Can I Look Forward to During October?
The only major event in Universal Studios Orlando during October is the Halloween Horror Nights.
It is also one of its biggest, so you can expect massive crowds and longer wait times than usual during this event.
It’s also the perfect after-hours event, especially with all the park’s Halloween-themed decorations, attractions, and rides.