Character dining at Disney World provides a unique experience where guests can enjoy a meal while interacting with their favorite Disney characters. These dining experiences take place at various restaurants within the Disney World theme parks and resort hotels. The characters visit each table, allowing guests to take photos, get autographs, and have personal interactions with them. This guide will provide a comprehensive look into how to book character dining at Disney World, along with tips and tricks to get the most out of this magical experience.
To book character dining at Disney World, visit the official Disney World website or download the My Disney Experience App. Sign into your Disney account and browse the available character dining experiences. Reservations open up 60 days in advance, so it’s recommended to book early. After selecting a dining experience, follow the prompts to book your reservation, providing your credit card information to secure it.
Booking Character Dining at Disney World
To book character dining at Disney World, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official Disney World website or download the My Disney Experience App.
- Create or sign in to your Disney account.
- Check availability and make reservations: Character dining is very popular, so it’s strongly recommended to make reservations in advance. Dining reservations open up 60 days in advance. Browse the available character dining experiences and choose the one that suits your preferences.
- Book your reservation: Once you’ve selected a character dining experience, follow the prompts to book your reservation. Be prepared to provide your credit card information to secure the reservation.
Character Dining Options at Disney World
There are numerous character dining experiences at Disney World, each offering a unique theme and different characters. Some of the popular character dining restaurants include:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT
- Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom
- Story Book Dining at Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Hollywood and Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Tips and Tricks for Booking Character Dining
Booking a character dining experience can be a bit tricky due to their popularity. However, by following some tips and tricks, you can increase your chances of securing a reservation:
- Book as early as possible: Character dining reservations can be made starting 60 days in advance. If you’re staying at a Disney resort, you can book up to 10 days in advance of your check-in date.
- Be flexible with your times: Consider dining during off-peak hours to increase your chances of getting a reservation.
- Use a computer: Although you can book reservations through the My Disney Experience App, using a computer can make the process easier and faster.
- Be patient: If you don’t see any available reservations, keep checking back. Cancellations do happen, and spots can open up.
Character dining experiences at Disney World offer a unique opportunity for guests to interact with their favorite Disney characters in a more personal and relaxed setting. It’s a must-do for any Disney trip, especially for families with young children. Remember to book in advance, be flexible with your times, and have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of character dining at Disney World?
The cost varies depending on the restaurant and meal time. Most character dining experiences range from $35 to $60 per adult and $20 to $35 per child. However, premium experiences like Cinderella’s Royal Table can cost up to $80 per adult.
Can I use the Disney Dining Plan for character dining?
Yes, you can use the Disney Dining Plan for character dining. Most character dining experiences require 1 table-service credit, but premium experiences may require 2 credits.
Are there any age restrictions for character dining?
No, there are no age restrictions for character dining. It is a fun experience for guests of all ages, although it is especially popular with families with young children.
How long does a character dining experience usually last?
A character dining experience usually lasts about 1 to 1.5 hours. This gives guests ample time to enjoy their meal and interact with the characters.
Can I choose which characters I want to meet during character dining?
The characters at each dining experience are predetermined and cannot be chosen. However, the list of characters is usually available when you book the dining experience, so you can choose a restaurant based on which characters your family wants to meet.