Booking Disneyland tickets is a breeze when you have the right information at your fingertips. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process, provide helpful tips, and answer commonly asked questions.
To book Disneyland tickets, visit the official Disneyland website or use the Disneyland app. Select the type and number of tickets you need, choose your visit date, and complete the payment process. After receiving your eTicket via email, link it to your Disneyland account and, if needed, make additional park reservations. Always check for available discounts and special packages before booking.
Types of Disneyland Tickets
There are several types of Disneyland tickets available for booking:
- 1-Day Tickets: These tickets allow you to visit either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park for a single day. They come in two types: 1-Park per Day and Park Hopper.
- Multi-Day Tickets: These tickets allow you to visit the parks for multiple days. They are available as Park Hopper tickets, which let you visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on the same day, as many times as you want.
- Genie+ Tickets: You can purchase single, multi-day, and Park Hopper tickets pre-loaded with Genie+, a service that helps you plan your day at the parks and access the Lightning Lane for select attractions.
- Annual Passes: Disneyland offers annual passes with various benefits. More information about annual passes can be found on the official Disneyland website.
How to Book Disneyland Tickets Online
To book Disneyland tickets online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Disneyland website or use the Disneyland app.
- Log into your Disney account or create one if you don’t have one already.
- Go to the ticket purchase page.
- Click “Select Ticket” and choose the number of days you wish to visit the parks.
- Select the number of tickets you need for all guests in your party, ages 3 and up.
- Choose your ticket type – one park per day or Park Hopper tickets.
- Pick a date and park for your theme park reservation.
- Complete the payment process and receive a confirmation email with your eTicket.
- Link the purchased tickets to your Disneyland account.
- If needed, make any additional park reservations for your visit.
Discounts and Special Packages
There are discounts and special packages available for booking Disneyland tickets. Some of the options include:
- Special offers and discounts on the official Disneyland website.
- Disneyland vacation packages, which can include tickets, resort stays, and more.
- Magic Key Pass discounts for eligible members.
- Discounts for Southern California residents, military personnel, and university students.
- Discounted tickets through authorized resellers like Costco Travel, Undercover Tourist, Get Away Today, and Park Savers.
Cancellation or Rescheduling Policy
Disneyland tickets are generally nonrefundable. However, if the tickets expire before you can use them, you may be able to apply the value of the expired ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket. You can reschedule or change the date of your Disneyland Park reservation by cancelling your current reservation and booking a new one as long as your theme park ticket remains valid.
Best Times to Book Disneyland Tickets
The best times to book Disneyland tickets to avoid crowds and enjoy the most are during the low crowd seasons. These periods typically include mid-September through mid-November, early January through mid-February, late September for Halloween decor before it gets too crowded, and late November/early December for Christmas decorations, but avoid the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Age Restrictions and Special Considerations
Children’s tickets: The age range for a child’s ticket is 3-9 years old. Children younger than 3 do not require a ticket. Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a guest aged 14 or older to enter Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
Booking Disneyland tickets doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With a bit of planning and the right information, you can easily purchase tickets and enjoy all the magic that Disneyland has to offer. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned Disney veteran, this guide provides everything you need to know about booking Disneyland tickets. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your magical adventure today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between 1-Park per Day and Park Hopper tickets?
1-Park per Day tickets allow you to visit either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park for a single day. You can’t switch between the two parks on the same day. On the other hand, Park Hopper tickets allow you to visit both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on the same day, switching between them as many times as you want.
What is the Disneyland Genie+ service?
Disneyland Genie+ is a service that helps you plan your day at the parks. It provides personalized itinerary updates from morning to night, helps you make dining and experience reservations, and gives you access to the Lightning Lane for select attractions. You can purchase tickets pre-loaded with Genie+.
How do I link the purchased tickets to my Disneyland account?
After purchasing your tickets, you will receive a confirmation email with your eTicket. You can link this eTicket to your Disneyland account by logging into your account, clicking on “My Tickets”, and then entering the Ticket ID or scanning the barcode on the eTicket.
Are there any special discounts for seniors?
Disneyland does not typically offer specific senior discounts on tickets. However, they do have various special offers and discounts available that may apply, such as discounts for Southern California residents, military personnel, and university students.
Can I transfer my Disneyland ticket to someone else?
Disneyland tickets are non-transferable. Once a ticket is linked to a guest’s Disneyland account, it cannot be transferred to another guest.