Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Orlando, Florida, is famous for its thrilling rides and immersive experiences, one of which is the Dinosaur Ride. This attraction is a favorite among park visitors, transporting them back in time to a prehistoric world filled with life-like dinosaurs. But how long is this exciting adventure? Let’s delve into the specifics.
The Dinosaur Ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom lasts approximately 3 minutes and 5 seconds. This thrilling journey takes guests back to the late Cretaceous period, offering close encounters with life-like animatronic dinosaurs. It’s an exciting and intense ride suitable for bigger kids and adults.
Duration of the Dinosaur Ride
The Dinosaur Ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom lasts approximately 3 minutes and 5 seconds. This duration is filled with a turbulent journey through the late Cretaceous period, featuring encounters with various dinosaur species.
Main Highlights of the Dinosaur Ride
The main highlights of the Dinosaur Ride include:
- Time Travel: Guests board a Time Rover vehicle and travel back to the late Cretaceous period, experiencing a prehistoric world filled with life-like dinosaurs.
- Audio-Animatronics: The ride features 11 audio-animatronic dinosaurs, including an Iguanodon, Carnotaurus, Styracosaurus, and Parasaurolophus.
- Intense and Thrilling Experience: The ride is known for its dark environments, loud sounds, and terrifying dinosaur encounters.
- Pre-show and Queue: The queue takes guests through the Dino Institute, featuring exhibits, displays, and a voice-over introduction by Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- Ride Storyline: The ride’s storyline involves searching for an Iguanodon while navigating through a meteor shower and encountering various dinosaurs.
The Dinosaur Ride is most suitable for bigger kids and adults, as it can be intense, bumpy, jerky, and scary for young children. The ride has a height requirement of 40 inches, and it is recommended for kids aged 5 and up. However, some parents have reported that their younger children enjoyed the ride, while others found it too frightening.
The Dinosaur Ride operates during the park’s opening hours. It is recommended to visit it early in the morning or late in the day to avoid peak hours (noon to 4 pm). Always remember to check the park’s schedule for the specific day you plan to visit.
Guests must be at least 40 inches (102 cm) tall to experience this ride. It is advised that guests should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride.
The Dinosaur Ride offers a unique experience that sets it apart from other theme park rides due to its animatronic dinosaurs, advanced ride vehicles, intense atmosphere, unique storyline, and remote location.
Tips for Visitors
Here are some tips to enhance your Dinosaur Ride experience:
- Arrive Early: Try to arrive at the park early to avoid long wait times.
- Use Genie+ or Lightning Lane: Consider purchasing Genie+ or Lightning Lane access to skip the regular standby line.
- Visit during Off-Peak Hours: The ride is typically less crowded during the first and last hours of the day.
- Use Rider Switch: If you have a child who doesn’t meet the height requirement or doesn’t want to ride, take advantage of the Rider Switch option.
- Watch a Ride Video: If you’re unsure whether the ride is suitable for you or your children, consider watching a ride video online.
In conclusion, the Dinosaur Ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a thrilling adventure that takes you back in time to the late Cretaceous period. With a ride duration of approximately 3 minutes and 5 seconds, it offers an exciting and intense experience filled with prehistoric wonders. So prepare yourself for a journey of a lifetime and enjoy the ride!
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people can fit in a Time Rover vehicle on the Dinosaur Ride?
Each Time Rover vehicle on the Dinosaur Ride can accommodate up to 12 guests, arranged in three rows of four.
Is the Dinosaur Ride wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the Dinosaur Ride is wheelchair accessible. Guests must transfer from their wheelchair or Electric Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) to the ride vehicle by themselves or with assistance by members of their party.
Is there a FastPass+ option for the Dinosaur Ride?
FastPass+ has been replaced by Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane selections. The Dinosaur Ride is included in the Genie+ service, which allows you to choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions.
What are the peak hours for the Dinosaur Ride?
The peak hours for the Dinosaur Ride are typically between noon and 4 pm. It’s recommended to visit either early in the morning or late in the day to avoid the longest wait times.
Is there a place to store personal belongings while on the Dinosaur Ride?
Yes, small bags and personal items can be stored in a net pouch in the Time Rover vehicle during the ride. Larger items should be left with a non-rider or rented in a locker near the park entrance.