Visiting the magical realms of Disney World and Universal Studios is a dream come true for many. But, navigating the journey between these two world-famous amusement parks in Orlando, Florida, can be a little tricky. So, how do you get from Disney World to Universal? Here’s an in-depth guide to help you plan your journey.
Getting from Disney World to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, can be done through various transportation options including rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, public buses, taxis, shuttle services, or by renting a car. The cost and time can vary based on the option chosen, with rideshares usually being the most affordable and quickest way. Note that neither Disney World nor Universal Studios offer free transportation to each other’s parks.
There are several transportation options available to travel from Disney World to Universal Studios:
- Rideshare: Services like Lyft and Uber are popular and convenient options. They offer door-to-door service and can be easily booked through their respective apps. The cost varies depending on your departure point, but it’s generally around $22 from Disney’s Art of Animation Resort to Universal Orlando.
- Public Bus: The local LYNX system offers transportation between Disney and Universal. However, this option requires transferring buses and can take around two hours to cover the 8-mile distance.
- Taxi: Taxis are another option for transportation between the two theme parks. They can be found outside your hotel and don’t require using a smartphone app.
- Shuttle Services: Mears Transportation Group is a popular third-party shuttle service that operates between Disney and Universal. You can book their services by calling 855-463-2776 or online at their website.
- Rental Car: Renting a car from companies like Alamo, Budget, or Enterprise is another option for those who prefer to drive themselves between the two theme parks.
It’s important to note that neither Disney World nor Universal Studios offer free transportation to their competitor’s property.
Knowing the operating hours of these transportation services is crucial. While rideshares and taxis operate 24/7, shuttle services and public buses have specific operating hours that you need to be aware of. Always check the respective websites or contact the transportation service providers for the most up-to-date information on their operating hours.
Cost of Transportation
The cost associated with each method of transportation varies. Rideshares like Uber and Lyft are usually the most affordable, with one-way rides typically costing around $22-$25. Taxis are a bit more expensive, with fares around $45. Shuttle services and rental cars can cost upwards of $50, depending on the service and type of car.
For Those with Special Needs or Disabilities
For those with special needs or disabilities, accessible transportation options are available. Many public transit systems have accessible buses and trains, and paratransit services offer door-to-door transportation for those who cannot use regular public transportation. Wheelchair-accessible taxis and rideshare services are also available.
Insider Tips and Tricks
To make the journey more efficient and enjoyable, consider these insider tips:
- Plan your journey considering the opening and closing hours of both parks.
- Be flexible and patient.
- Make a list of essentials to pack.
- Take lots of photos to capture memories.
- Explore off the beaten path and discover hidden gems.
In conclusion, getting from Disney World to Universal Studios is quite straightforward with a bit of planning. Whether you choose to use a rideshare service, take a taxi, or rent a car, you can easily navigate the journey and enjoy everything these two amazing theme parks have to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I walk from Disney World to Universal Studios?
No, it’s not feasible to walk from Disney World to Universal Studios. The distance between the two parks is around 15 miles which would take approximately 5 hours to walk.
How long does it take to drive from Disney World to Universal Studios?
The drive between Disney World and Universal Studios typically takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Is there a shuttle bus from Disney World to Universal Studios?
Yes, Mears Transportation Group provides shuttle services between Disney World and Universal Studios. You can book their services by calling 855-463-2776 or online at their website.
How much does it cost to take a taxi from Disney World to Universal Studios?
Taxi fares from Disney World to Universal Studios are typically around $45, but this can vary depending on traffic and the exact locations of your start and end points.
Are the rideshare services like Uber and Lyft wheelchair accessible?
Yes, Uber and Lyft both offer wheelchair-accessible vehicles. You can request these vehicles through their respective apps. However, availability may vary depending on the time and location.
Can I use the Disney World transportation to get to Universal Studios?
No, Disney World does not provide transportation to Universal Studios as they are competitor theme parks. You’ll need to arrange separate transportation such as a rideshare, taxi, shuttle service, or rental car.