The Epcot parking lot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, is a significant consideration when planning your magical day. With over 11,000 parking spaces spread across 160 acres, it’s crucial to know when the parking lot opens to ensure a smooth start to your Epcot adventure.
The Epcot parking lot at Walt Disney World Resort typically opens one hour before the earliest scheduled park opening time. For example, if the park opens at 8:30 AM for “Early Park Admission,” the parking lot will open at 7:30 AM. However, opening times can vary, especially during special events or circumstances, so it’s recommended to check the official Disney World website or the My Disney Experience app for the most accurate information.
Official Opening Hours
The Epcot parking lot typically opens one hour before the earliest scheduled park opening time. For instance, if Epcot is scheduled to open for “Early Park Admission” at 8:30 AM and general park admission is scheduled to begin at 9:00 AM, then the Epcot parking lot will open at 7:30 AM.
However, remember that these opening hours may vary, so it’s always a good idea to check the official Disney World website or the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date information on park hours and parking lot opening times.
Special Circumstances and Events
Several special circumstances and events could cause the Epcot parking lot to open earlier or later than usual. These include:
- Early Theme Park Entry: Guests staying at Disney hotels may enter Epcot 30 minutes before the official opening time. This could lead to the parking lot opening earlier to accommodate these guests.
- Extended Evening Hours: On certain busy weekends and holidays, Epcot may extend its closing time, which could affect the parking lot’s closing time as well.
- Special Events: Disney After Hours at Epcot is a separate ticketed event that takes place on select nights, allowing guests to access the park after regular operating hours. This could lead to the parking lot remaining open later than usual.
- Festivals: Epcot hosts various festivals throughout the year, which may cause changes in the park’s operating hours and, consequently, the parking lot’s opening and closing times.
Parking at Epcot costs $25 per day for standard parking and $45 to $50 per day for preferred parking. Oversized vehicle parking, such as for RVs and trucks, costs $30 per day. However, if you are a Disney Resort Guest, you get free parking at Disney theme parks. Additionally, Disney Annual Passholders receive complimentary standard theme park parking.
Parking Lot Capacity
The Epcot parking lot has a capacity of over 11,000 spaces and covers an area of 160 acres. It is divided into two tram line sections, with the first tram line servicing Discover, Create, Journey, and Amaze lots, while the second tram line services Imagine, Explore, and Wonder lots.
What if the Epcot Parking Lot is Full?
If the Epcot parking lot is full, there are a few alternatives to consider:
- Overflow parking: Epcot has an overflow parking area near the handicapped parking area.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios parking lot: You can park at the Hollywood Studios parking lot and then use Disney’s transportation options like the Disney Skyliner or the Friendship Boats to travel to Epcot.
- Disney Springs parking: Although not recommended due to the inconvenience and potential issues, some people park at Disney Springs, which offers free parking, and then use Disney’s transportation options to get to the theme parks.
- Drop-off: If someone in your party can drop you off near the Epcot entrance, they won’t have to pay for parking.
The Epcot parking lot does not have a specific closing time. However, it is generally accessible for a reasonable amount of time after the park closes to allow guests to retrieve their vehicles. Disney’s official information states that buses usually run until about an hour after the theme park’s closing time.
In conclusion, it’s always a good idea to plan ahead when it comes to parking at Epcot. Arriving early, checking official resources for updated information, and knowing your alternatives can ensure a smooth and stress-free start to your Epcot adventure!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I leave the Epcot parking lot and return on the same day without paying again?
Yes, your parking fee at Epcot covers re-entry on the same day. Just make sure to keep your parking receipt.
Is there a shuttle service from the parking lot to the Epcot entrance?
Yes, the Epcot parking lot offers tram service to transport guests from the parking area to the park entrance. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions, tram service may be temporarily suspended. Always check the official Disney World website for the most recent updates.
What if I lose my parking ticket?
If you lose your parking ticket, you will need to pay the parking fee again to exit, unless you can provide proof of purchase.
Can I reserve a parking space in advance at Epcot?
No, parking at Epcot is on a first-come, first-served basis. You cannot reserve parking spaces in advance.
Are there charging stations for electric cars in the Epcot parking lot?
Yes, there are a limited number of ChargePoint charging stations available at Epcot for electric vehicles. These are located in the Journey parking lot.