Disney World is not just about thrilling rides, enchanting shows, and meeting your favorite characters—it’s also about pin trading! This popular activity has been a staple at Disney parks since the late 90s. But did you know that there are pins you can get for free? In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through where and how you can get free pins at Disney World.
You can get free pins at Disney World by participating in pin trading with Cast Members and other guests at various locations throughout the parks and resorts. Some popular locations include Disney’s Pin Traders at Disney Springs and Frontier Trading Post at Magic Kingdom park. Additionally, Disney offers free celebratory buttons for special occasions, which you can get at Guest Service desks, ticket counters, and Guest Relations buildings in each park.
Free Celebratory Buttons
Disney offers free celebratory buttons to commemorate special occasions. These are not technically pins, but they can add a touch of magic to your Disney experience. You can get these buttons for events like birthdays, anniversaries, first visits, reunions, marriages, and personal triumphs. They are available at all Disney parks and resorts, Guest Service desks, ticket counters, and Guest Relations buildings in each park. You may also find Disney Cast members handing them out near the entrances of the parks early in the day.
Where to Find Free Buttons
- Guest Service Desks: Available at all Walt Disney World resorts, and the Guest Relations buildings of each park.
- Theme Parks: Head to Guest Services inside any of the theme parks.
- Main St USA, Magic Kingdom: Most of the shops along Main St will have them at the registers. Cast members may also stand along Main St with them outside in baskets.
- Disney World Resort: Check with your hotel lobby as many carry the celebration buttons at the front desk.
- Any Indoor Merchandise Location: In the parks, you can find these buttons at indoor merchandise locations.
Pin Trading at Disney World
Disney Pin Trading is a fun, interactive experience where you can exchange Disney pins with Cast Members and other guests. You can trade up to two Disney pins per Cast Member per day. Pins must be metal and represent a Disney Event, Place or Location, Character or Icon. Pins from other business units of The Walt Disney Company (ESPN, ABC, etc.) are accepted for trade.
Pin Trading Locations
Disney World has various locations for pin trading across all four theme parks, Disney Springs, and resort hotels. Some of the popular locations include:
- Disney’s Pin Traders at Disney Springs
- Frontier Trading Post at Magic Kingdom park
- Pin Traders – Camera Center at EPCOT
- Main Street USA, Magic Kingdom
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Pin Trading Rules and Etiquette
While there’s no limit to the number of pins you can trade per day with other guests, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind when trading pins with Cast Members:
- Pins must be authentic Disney pins with the “©Disney” stamp on the back.
- You may trade a maximum of two pins per cast member, per day.
- The pin being traded must not be a duplicate of a pin already on a cast member’s lanyard.
- Pins with a hidden Mickey (a small Mickey icon) are rare and can only be obtained by trading with a cast member.
Whether you’re a seasoned collector or new to the game, pin trading at Disney World is a fun and interactive way to get more out of your visit. Remember these tips and locations, and most importantly, have fun collecting your free pins!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy pins at Disney World?
Yes, you can purchase pins at various merchandise locations throughout Disney World. Some popular spots include Disney’s Pin Traders at Disney Springs and Frontier Trading Post at Magic Kingdom park.
Can I trade pins with other guests?
Absolutely! While there are trading rules for trading pins with Disney Cast Members, you are free to trade pins with other guests without any restrictions. Just ensure that the pins being traded are authentic Disney pins.
Can I trade any type of pin?
No, the pins for trade must be metal and represent a Disney Event, Place or Location, Character or Icon. Pins from other business units of The Walt Disney Company (ESPN, ABC, etc.) are also accepted for trade.
What if I don’t have any pins to trade?
Don’t worry, you can start your collection by purchasing pins at the various merchandise locations throughout Disney World. Plus, don’t forget to grab your free celebratory button!
Are there special pins for annual pass holders?
Yes, Disney often releases exclusive pins for annual pass holders. These can be purchased at select locations throughout the park.
Are there any special events for pin trading?
Yes, Disney World often hosts special pin trading events. These events are a great place to meet other collectors and trade for rare or exclusive pins. Information about these events can be found on the Disney World website or by asking a Cast Member.