The Hopper Pass, also known as the Park Hopper ticket, is a popular option for guests planning to visit Disney World. This ticket add-on offers visitors the freedom and flexibility to explore multiple Disney parks in a single day. But what exactly does a Hopper Pass to Disney include? Let’s delve into the details.
A Hopper Pass to Disney, also known as the Park Hopper ticket, allows you to visit multiple Walt Disney World theme parks – Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom – in a single day. The Park Hopper option starts at 2 pm each day. There is also a Park Hopper Plus option that includes additional attractions like Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. However, the Park Hopper Pass is subject to park capacity limitations and requires a park reservation for the first park you visit.
The Basics of a Hopper Pass
A Hopper Pass allows you to visit multiple Walt Disney World theme parks on the same day. With a Hopper Pass, you can access all four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The Park Hopper option starts at 2 pm each day, and guests can check the Park Hours calendar and My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours.
Key Benefits of a Hopper Pass
There are several key benefits and features that make the Hopper Pass an attractive option for Disney guests:
- Visit multiple parks in a single day: The main advantage of a Park Hopper ticket is the ability to visit more than one theme park on the same day. This gives you a chance to experience more attractions and entertainment options.
- Flexibility: The Park Hopper ticket provides greater flexibility in planning your day. You’re not locked into visiting just one park per day, allowing for more spontaneity and the ability to switch parks if desired.
- Maximize your time: If you have a limited amount of time to spend at Disney parks, a Park Hopper ticket can help you make the most of your visit by allowing you to experience multiple parks in a single day.
The Park Hopper Plus Option
In addition to the standard Park Hopper ticket, there is a Park Hopper Plus option. This ticket not only includes access to the four theme parks but also includes admission to other attractions. These extra “Plus Visits” include:
- Admission to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park (subject to rehabilitation, seasonal, and weather closures).
- One round of golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (tee time reservations required and subject to availability).
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (currently unavailable).
For the number of days on your ticket, you get an equal number of “Plus Visits”. However, be aware that the Park Hopper Plus ticket is more expensive than the regular Park Hopper ticket.
Hopper Pass Restrictions and Limitations
While the Hopper Pass offers a great deal of flexibility, there are some restrictions and limitations to be aware of:
- Park hopping hours: Park hopping starts at 2 pm each day and continues until closing time.
- Park capacity limitations: Park hopping is subject to park capacity limitations. This means that if a park has reached its capacity, you may not be able to ‘hop’ to that park.
- Park Pass Reservation System: You must have a park reservation for the first park you visit and must enter that park before hopping to another park.
- Ticket duration: The Park Hopper option must be purchased for the entire duration of your ticket, even if you decide to add it in the middle of your vacation.
Is the Hopper Pass Worth the Price?
The value of the Hopper Pass depends on your personal preferences, budget, and the duration of your stay at the Disney parks. If you prioritize flexibility and want to visit multiple parks in one day, the Park Hopper ticket may be worth the additional cost. However, if you have a limited budget or prefer a more structured vacation, you might find the regular park tickets more suitable.
In summary, a Hopper Pass to Disney offers you the flexibility to visit multiple parks in a single day and enjoy a wide range of attractions. Whether it’s worth the additional cost depends on your unique circumstances and travel preferences. As with any travel decision, it’s essential to do your research and consider your options carefully before making a final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I purchase a Hopper Pass on the day of my visit?
Yes, you can purchase a Hopper Pass on the day of your visit. However, it’s recommended to purchase your tickets in advance to ensure availability.
Can I use the Hopper Pass at Disneyland as well as Disney World?
No, the Hopper Pass is specifically for Walt Disney World in Florida. Disneyland in California has its own ticketing system.
Does the Hopper Pass include FastPass access to attractions?
No, the Hopper Pass does not include FastPass access. FastPasses must be purchased separately.
Can I use the Hopper Pass to attend special events like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
No, special events like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party require separate admission and are not included in the Hopper Pass.
Does the Hopper Pass include parking at the parks?
No, parking fees are not included in the cost of the Hopper Pass. Parking is an additional cost at Disney parks.
Can I upgrade a regular Disney ticket to a Hopper Pass?
Yes, you can upgrade a regular Disney ticket to a Hopper Pass, but it must be done for the entire duration of your ticket.