Renting a scooter at Disneyland can enhance your park experience, especially if mobility is a concern. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process, costs, rules and regulations, and everything else you need to know about renting a scooter at Disneyland.
To rent a scooter at Disneyland, you can either rent directly from Disneyland’s Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) service for $70 per day on a first-come, first-serve basis, or from external providers such as ScooterBug, Disneyland Scooter Rental, One Stop Mobility, or Cloud of Goods. Reservations can be made online or over the phone, and delivery options vary by company. Costs depend on the type of scooter and duration of rental. Disneyland has specific scooter usage guidelines, including a minimum age of 18 to operate and rent, and a requirement to switch scooters when changing parks.
Selecting a Scooter Rental Service
Disneyland offers Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) for rent on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, they charge $70 per day, and their scooters cannot be used in Downtown Disney. Alternatively, you can rent a scooter from an external provider. Several companies offer scooter rentals for use at Disneyland and California Adventure Park. Some of these companies include:
- ScooterBug: You can pre-order and have your mobility rental delivered to Disneyland Resort hotels by visiting ScooterBug.com/Anaheim or calling (800) .
- Disneyland Scooter Rental: They offer various scooter options, and you can reserve one by calling (657) 549-6500 or visiting their website.
- One Stop Mobility: They provide scooter rentals with free delivery and pickup. You can rent a scooter by calling (714) 533-1444 or visiting their website.
- Cloud of Goods: They offer scooter rentals with prices starting at $25/day for a 7-day rental. You can rent a scooter by calling (407) 545-3103 or visiting their website.
Making a Reservation
Once you’ve chosen a company and a scooter model, you’ll need to make a reservation. This can usually be done online or over the phone. Some companies, like One Stop Mobility, allow you to make a reservation online. Fill out the checkout form with your rental dates and Disneyland delivery location.
Costs of Scooter Rental
The cost of renting a scooter at Disneyland varies depending on the type of scooter and the duration of the rental. For example, One Stop Mobility charges $49 for one day and $46 per day for a three-day rental. Cloud of Goods charges $60 for a one-day lightweight mobility scooter rental, with prices decreasing for longer rental periods.
Picking Up and Returning the Scooter
Depending on the company, you may be able to have the scooter delivered to your location, or you may need to pick it up. For example, One Stop Mobility is located directly across the street from Disneyland and offers delivery to various locations in Anaheim. Scootaround also offers delivery to any Disneyland hotel, resort, or property.
At the end of your rental period, you’ll need to return the scooter. The process for this will depend on the company. For example, with One Stop Mobility, you can simply return the scooter to their location across the street from Disneyland. With Scootaround, you can leave the scooter at your resort and they will pick it up.
Scooter Usage Guidelines in Disneyland
Disneyland has specific requirements and restrictions for scooter usage in the park:
- Guests must be at least 18 years old to operate and rent Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs), also known as scooters.
- A photo ID is required to rent ECVs.
- Rented ECVs cannot be taken between parks. If you wish to switch parks, you must turn in your ECV in the park you are leaving and pick up a new one in the other park. While you will not have to pay again, it is not guaranteed that an ECV will be available in the other park.
- The standard scooters have a weight limit of 300 lbs. However, there are heavy-duty scooters available that can support additional weight.
- ECVs are available for rent on a first-come, first-serve basis. It’s recommended to arrive early at the rental stations as ECVs tend to run out early, especially in the summer.
- Some attractions require guests to transfer from their ECV into a manual wheelchair. It’s recommended to check with guest relations to find out which rides you can access using the exit, standby, or which attractions you will need a return time for.
Dealing with Scooter Malfunctions
In case of a scooter malfunction or other issues while in the park, it’s important to stay calm and act quickly to ensure your safety and the safety of others around you. If you’re unable to resolve the issue on your own, don’t hesitate to seek professional help. Contact the rental company for assistance or troubleshooting advice.
Renting a scooter at Disneyland can make your visit more enjoyable and less tiring. By understanding the process and rules, you can make the best decision for your needs. Remember to plan ahead and make your reservation in advance to ensure availability. Enjoy your Disneyland adventure!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my own scooter to Disneyland?
Yes, you can bring your own personal scooter to Disneyland. However, it must fit the park’s size requirements, which are 36″ (92cm) wide and 52″ (132cm) long.
Are there charging stations for electric scooters in Disneyland?
Disneyland does not provide charging stations for electric scooters. Therefore, it’s important to ensure your scooter is fully charged before entering the park and consider bringing a portable charger if possible.
Can I use the scooter in the Disneyland resort hotels?
Yes, you can use the scooter in the Disneyland resort hotels. If you rent from an external provider, they can deliver the scooter directly to your hotel.
Are the scooters equipped with baskets or storage compartments?
Most mobility scooters rented for Disneyland use come with a basket. However, the size and capacity can vary between different models and rental companies. It’s best to check with the rental company for specific details.
Can I reserve a scooter in advance directly from Disneyland?
No, Disneyland does not offer advance reservations for scooters. They are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you want to ensure availability, consider renting from an external provider that offers reservations.
Can I take the rented scooter outside Disneyland?
If you rent a scooter from Disneyland, it cannot be taken outside the park. However, if you rent from an external provider, you can typically use the scooter in other areas, such as Downtown Disney or your hotel. Always check with the rental company for their specific rules.