Disney FastPass was a revolutionary virtual queuing system introduced by the Walt Disney Company in 1999. Designed to boost customer convenience and overall park experience, the system provided guests with the opportunity to skip long lines and enjoy their favorite attractions without the wait. However, as of 2021, the FastPass system has been retired and replaced by the new Disney Genie+ system. This article will provide an in-depth look at the original Disney FastPass system, its evolution, and the new Genie+ system.
Disney FastPass was a virtual queuing system introduced by Disney in 1999, allowing guests to reserve access to select attractions and skip long lines. However, as of 2021, FastPass has been replaced by the Disney Genie+ system. This new system is a paid service that lets guests select the next available arrival window for Lightning Lane entrances at over 40 attractions and experiences, aiming to improve the overall park experience.
The Original Disney FastPass System
The original FastPass system allowed guests to reserve access to select attractions, entertainment, and character meet and greets. This unique system offered a ‘return time’ for guests, freeing them to explore the park and enjoy other attractions while waiting for their reserved time.
FastPass+ was another variation of the original system, which allowed guests to book reservations in advance of their visit. Guests could either print their FastPass+ reservations or load them onto a MagicBand. This system was particularly beneficial for those popular attractions that tend to have long wait times.
The Evolution to Disney Genie+
FastPass has since been replaced by the Disney Genie+ system. This new system, introduced in late 2021, is a paid service that allows guests to select the next available arrival window for Lightning Lane entrances at over 40 attractions and experiences.
Disney Genie+ costs $15 per person per day at Walt Disney World and $25 per person per day at Disneyland Resort. In addition to Genie+, Disney also introduced Individual Lightning Lane Selections, a separate purchase that lets guests access the Lightning Lane entrance for up to two highly demanded attractions each day.
Maximizing the Disney Genie+ Experience
To make the most of the Disney Genie+ system, it’s essential to plan ahead and understand how the system works. Here are a few tips:
- Make Reservations Early: If you’re staying at a Disney Resort, you can make FastPass reservations 60 days before your visit. If you’re not staying on-site, you can make reservations up to 30 days prior.
- Prioritize Your Favorite Attractions: Ensure the FastPass tickets are for the top three activities you wouldn’t want to miss. However, remember that timing is crucial.
- Consider the Location of Attractions: When making FastPass reservations, keep in mind that Disney Parks are vast. It can be a long walk from one attraction to another, so ensure you pick FastPasses that are within the same area of the park.
- Download the My Disney Experience app: This app helps you book FastPass reservations, make dining reservations, order food, and navigate the parks.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
Just like any system, there are common mistakes that guests make when using the Disney Genie+ system. Here are a few to avoid:
- Not Using the System: Not using Disney Genie+ can lead to longer wait times for attractions, so it’s essential to book them in advance.
- Booking Reservations for Attractions with Short Wait Times: Select your FastPass reservations wisely, as you initially have only three per day. Avoid booking FastPasses for attractions with consistently short wait times.
- Not Connecting Your Group in Your My Disney Experience Account: Ensure that your group is connected in your My Disney Experience account to book FastPasses for everyone simultaneously.
While the original Disney FastPass system is no longer in use, its replacement, Disney Genie+, offers a new and improved way to maximize your time and enjoyment at Disney parks. By understanding how the system works and utilizing it effectively, you can make the most of your Disney experience. Remember, planning is key, and a well-planned day at Disney can lead to a lifetime of magical memories.
Frequently Asked Questions
What attractions and experiences are included in the Disney Genie+ service?
The Disney Genie+ service includes over 40 attractions and experiences across the Disney parks. The exact list can vary, but it typically includes popular attractions like Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion. For the most current and comprehensive list, it’s best to check the Disney website or the My Disney Experience app.
Is the Disney Genie+ service included in the park admission ticket?
No, the Disney Genie+ service is not included in the park admission ticket. It is an additional cost of $15 per person per day at Walt Disney World and $25 per person per day at Disneyland Resort.
Can I use Disney Genie+ for more than three attractions in a day?
Yes, after you’ve used your initial three FastPasses for the day, you can continue to make additional FastPass selections, one at a time, throughout the rest of the day. This is subject to availability and can be done using the My Disney Experience app or at a FastPass+ kiosk in the park.
What is the Lightning Lane?
The Lightning Lane is the new name for the FastPass lane at Disney attractions. When you purchase Disney Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane Selections, you gain access to the Lightning Lane for select attractions, allowing you to bypass the regular line.
Can I cancel or modify my Disney Genie+ selections?
Yes, you can modify or cancel your Disney Genie+ selections. However, the availability of other attractions and times may be limited, especially for popular attractions. Modifications can be made using the My Disney Experience app.