Visiting a Disney Park is a magical experience that often becomes even more special when shared with loved ones. If you’ve already made a reservation and decide you want to add a guest, you might be wondering how to go about it. It’s a common scenario and, luckily, Disney provides a user-friendly system to accommodate such changes. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of adding a guest to your Disney Park Reservation.
To add a guest to your Disney Park Reservation, log into your My Disney Experience account and navigate to the “My Plans” section. Find the reservation you want to modify and click on it. On the reservation details page, click on the “Modify” button and add the guest, ensuring they meet the necessary requirements such as having a valid admission ticket. Confirm the changes and save the updated reservation.
Requirements for Adding a Guest
Before you can add a guest to your Disney Park Reservation, there are a few requirements that the guest must meet:
- The guest must have a valid theme park admission ticket or an annual pass.
- The guest must be at least 3 years old, as all guests aged 3 and up require a Disney Park Pass reservation in addition to valid admission to enter a theme park.
- The guest must be linked to your My Disney Experience account, and their valid admission must also be linked to their account.
- There must be available reservations for the specific date and park you wish to visit. You can check the availability calendar before making a reservation.
Step-by-Step Guide to Adding a Guest
Step 1: Log into My Disney Experience
Start by logging into your My Disney Experience account on the Walt Disney World website or app. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one.
Step 2: Go to My Plans
Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “My Plans” section. Here, you’ll find all your current reservations.
Step 3: Select the Reservation
Find the reservation you want to modify and click on it. This will open the reservation details.
Step 4: Modify Reservation
On the reservation details page, click on the “Modify” button. This will take you to a page where you can make changes to your reservation.
Step 5: Add Guest
If there is availability for an additional guest, you’ll be able to add them here. Make sure you have their correct information, as outlined in the guest requirements section.
Step 6: Confirm the Changes
Once you’ve added the guest, you’ll need to confirm the changes and save the updated reservation. After this, your guest will be added to your Disney Park Reservation.
Disney Reservation Policies and Considerations
Disney has several policies that you should be aware of when adding a guest to a reservation:
- Both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and older.
- Theme park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability.
- If you have a multi-day ticket, you will need to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- Annual Passholders may visit the theme parks after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom park. Applicable pass blockout dates apply.
- Guests with tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option can visit a second theme park on the same day after 2:00 p.m., but they must have already visited their first park of the day before they can hop to another.
- If you are looking to reserve in-park dining, you will also need a Disney Park Pass reservation for the same park, on the same day. A dining reservation does not guarantee you entry to the park.
Adding a guest to your Disney Park Reservation is a straightforward process, as long as you’re aware of the policies and requirements. If you follow the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you should be able to successfully add a guest to your reservation and enjoy your magical Disney experience together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add more than one guest to my Disney Park Reservation?
Yes, you can add multiple guests to your reservation, as long as there’s availability for the specific date and park you wish to visit. Each guest must meet the outlined requirements.
I have a guest who does not have a My Disney Experience account. Can I still add them to my reservation?
No, every guest you wish to add to your reservation must have a My Disney Experience account, and their valid park admission must be linked to their account.
Can I add a guest to my reservation on the day of my visit?
As long as there’s availability for that specific date and park, you should be able to add a guest to your reservation on the day of your visit. However, it’s recommended to add guests in advance to ensure availability.
What happens if I add a guest to my reservation but they can’t make it?
If a guest can’t make it, you should modify your reservation and remove them. Disney’s cancellation and modification policies may apply, so it’s best to check these in advance.
Can I add a guest to my reservation if they have a different type of ticket than me?
Yes, as long as the guest has a valid theme park admission ticket or an annual pass, they can be added to your reservation, regardless of the type of ticket you have.