The Disney Vacation Club (DVC) is a vacation timeshare program owned and operated by Disney. With a variety of resorts spread across the most magical places on Earth, choosing the best one can be a daunting task. Each resort offers a unique set of amenities, themes, and experiences. But which one is considered the best?
The best Disney Vacation Club Resort can vary based on individual preferences, but often top rated resorts include the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for its luxury and proximity to Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows for its tropical atmosphere and monorail access, and Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for its modern accommodations and convenient location. Other favorites include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai’i.
Top-Rated Disney Vacation Club Resorts
While the “best” Disney Vacation Club Resort is subjective and depends on individual preferences, the following resorts are often considered top choices:
- Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: This flagship resort is frequently ranked as the best overall DVC resort due to its luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options, and close proximity to the Magic Kingdom Park [^1^].
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows: With its tropical atmosphere, overwater bungalows, and easy access to Magic Kingdom and Epcot via the monorail, this resort is a favorite among many DVC members [^2^].
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Known for its modern accommodations and convenient location near Magic Kingdom, this resort is another top choice for DVC members [^3^].
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas: This resort offers stunning savanna views, African-inspired architecture, and close proximity to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park [^4^].
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas: With its charming New England-style beach theme and proximity to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this resort is a popular choice among families [^5^].
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas: This resort features a charming boardwalk atmosphere, entertainment options, and various dining choices. It’s also within walking distance of EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios [^6^].
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai’i: This resort offers a culturally immersive experience with Disney magic, a range of activities, and luxurious Disney Vacation Club villas [^7^].
Unique Selling Points of Top Disney Vacation Club Resorts
Each of these top-rated DVC resorts has unique selling points that set them apart:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Known for its modern design and prime location, this resort offers stunning views of the fireworks from its rooftop restaurant, California Grill [^8^].
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas: Guests can enjoy the unique experience of staying in a luxurious African lodge with views of over 30 species of wildlife right from their balconies [^9^].
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas: This resort boasts the most desirable pool on Disney property, Stormalong Bay, a 3-acre water wonderland complete with a sand-bottom pool, lazy river, and waterslide [^10^].
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas: This resort offers a lively mix of nightlife and entertainment options, including dining, shopping, and performers along the boardwalk [^11^].
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows: With its South Pacific-inspired experience, guests can enjoy the convenience of the monorail to Magic Kingdom Park and EPCOT [^12^].
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: This resort offers an upscale European experience with breathtaking views and luxurious details [^13^].
The Disney Vacation Club Experience
Being a DVC member is not just about the accommodations; it’s about the overall experience. From the flexibility to book stays at any DVC Resort to special benefits like discounts on theme park tickets, dining, and merchandise, DVC Resorts provide a unique and immersive holiday experience.
So, what is the best Disney Vacation Club Resort? It all comes down to your personal preferences and priorities. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious experience, a resort with a unique theme, or one that is close to the parks, there’s a DVC Resort that’s perfect for you.
Remember, the best way to find your favorite is to visit and experience them for yourself. Happy vacationing!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Disney Vacation Club (DVC)?
The Disney Vacation Club (DVC) is a vacation timeshare program owned and operated by Disney. It allows members to purchase a real estate interest in a DVC resort and in return, receive a certain number of vacation points each year to use for reservations at any DVC resort.
How can I become a DVC member?
To become a DVC member, you need to purchase a real estate interest in one of the DVC resorts directly from Disney or from an existing member who is selling their membership.
Can I use my DVC points at any Disney resort?
Yes, DVC members can use their vacation points to book stays at any DVC resort, and not just the resort where they purchased their real estate interest. However, there are certain booking windows and availability may vary.
Do DVC members get any special benefits?
Yes, DVC members receive a variety of special benefits, including discounts on theme park tickets, dining, and merchandise. They also get access to special events and experiences.
Can DVC points be used for other types of vacations?
Yes, DVC points can be used for other types of vacations as well. These include Disney Cruise Line voyages, Adventures by Disney guided tours, and stays at non-DVC Disney resorts or other hotels around the world through the RCI exchange program. However, it’s important to note that the value of DVC points may vary depending on how they are used.