Disney has always been at the forefront of enhancing the theme park experience for its guests. One of the most recent additions to this effort is the Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane system. This new service aims to make your Disney adventure more enjoyable by minimizing wait times and maximizing fun. However, understanding how to effectively use these services can be a bit tricky. In this in-depth guide, we will explain how to use Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane to make the most out of your next Disney vacation.
To use Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane, first download the My Disney Experience App. Purchase Disney Genie Plus either in advance or on the day of your visit. Select a date and park, confirm your party members, and then book experiences from the Tip Board by tapping “Book Experience” next to any desired attraction with a Genie+ Lightning Lane. Remember, you can only use the Lightning Lane once per day per attraction. For the most popular attractions, you can purchase Individual Lightning Lane selections at varying prices. Plan your day, prioritize attractions, and be flexible to make the most out of these services.
Understanding Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane
Before we delve into the hows, it’s essential to understand what Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane are. Disney Genie Plus is a paid service that allows guests to reserve ride times on select attractions and skip the line using the Lightning Lane entrance. The cost of Genie Plus depends on the park and date you’re visiting. At Disney World, the cost fluctuates based on park-specific pricing, while at Disneyland Resort, the cost starts at $25 per ticket per day.
Lightning Lane, on the other hand, is the new name for the FastPass lines at Disney theme parks. It works as an expedited queue for rides, allowing guests to bypass the standard line in favor of a faster option. Lightning Lane selections can be made for a variety of attractions throughout the parks, but some of the most popular attractions require a separate purchase.
How To Use Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane
- Download the My Disney Experience App: This app is essential for accessing Disney Genie, making dining reservations, checking entertainment schedules, and more. You can download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Purchase Disney Genie Plus: You can purchase Genie Plus either in advance or on the day of your visit. The cost varies by the day and park, so check the My Disney Experience app for the current price.
- Select a date and park: You can do this based on your existing park pass reservation.
- Confirm your party members: Make sure everyone’s plans are in sync.
- Book Experiences: From the Tip Board, tap “Book Experience” next to any desired attraction with a Genie+ Lightning Lane.
Remember, you can only use the Lightning Lane once per day per attraction. You can book Genie+ Lightning Lanes one at a time, and you must badge in to the attraction before you can book your next one.
Pricing for Individual Lightning Lanes
In addition to Genie Plus, Disney offers Individual Lightning Lane selections for the most popular attractions, which are not included in the Genie Plus service. The pricing for Individual Lightning Lane selections varies by ride and day, and prices are likely to change seasonally and by day of the week. Some examples of Individual Lightning Lane pricing include:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: high $12, low $10
- TRON Lightcycle Run: $20
- Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind: high $17, low $14
- Star Wars Rise of the Resistance: high $25, low $20
- Avatar Flight of Passage: high $16, low $13
Making the Most Out of Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane
To make the most out of your Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane experience, here are some tips:
- Plan your day and prioritize attractions: Focus on high-demand attractions and make Lightning Lane reservations for them as early as possible.
- Use the “modify” feature: If you want to change your Lightning Lane reservation time or attraction, use the modify feature in the My Disney Experience app.
- Take advantage of park hopping: If you have a Park Hopper ticket, you can make Genie+ reservations for the park you plan to hop to later in the day.
- Be flexible and adapt your plans: Even if you act quickly, the time window for a Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane selection can change, so be prepared to adjust your plans accordingly.
- Use Single Rider lines when available: This can be a good alternative to Lightning Lane for certain attractions, allowing you to save your Genie+ reservations for other rides.
In conclusion, Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane are excellent tools to enhance your Disney park experience. By understanding how they work and using them strategically, you can reduce wait times, enjoy more attractions, and make your Disney vacation truly magical.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I book Genie Plus and Lightning Lane selections for all members of my party at once?
Yes, you can book for all members of your party at once. Just make sure that all members are linked to your My Disney Experience account.
Can I cancel a Lightning Lane selection if I change my mind?
Yes, you can cancel a Lightning Lane selection. However, keep in mind that availability for other attractions or times may be limited.
Can I use Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane if I’m not staying at a Disney Resort hotel?
Yes, Disney Genie Plus and Lightning Lane are available to all park guests, regardless of whether they are staying at a Disney Resort hotel.
How many Individual Lightning Lane selections can I make in a day?
You can make up to two Individual Lightning Lane selections per day. These are separate from the Genie Plus selections.
Can I make Lightning Lane selections for different parks in the same day?
Yes, if you have a Park Hopper ticket, you can make Lightning Lane selections for different parks in the same day.
Is Disney Genie Plus included in the price of my park ticket?
No, Disney Genie Plus is an additional cost and is not included in the price of your park ticket.
What time can I start making Lightning Lane selections?
For Disney Resort hotel guests, the booking window opens at 7:00 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. For all other guests, the booking window opens at the park’s official opening time.