The Leave a Legacy program at Epcot is a unique opportunity that allowed more than 550,000 Walt Disney World Resort guests to leave their mark at the famed theme park. Introduced as part of Disney’s Millennium Celebration in 1999, the program ran through June 2007, inviting guests to have their pictures taken and then etched onto steel tiles. These tiles were placed on granite monoliths outside the park, creating a visual representation of the global community that aligns with the overall theme of Epcot.
In 2019, the Leave a Legacy monuments were removed due to the reimagining of Epcot’s entrance. However, they returned in February 2021 with a new location outside the park entrance and a more colorful design. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of finding your Leave a Legacy tile in Epcot.
To find your Leave a Legacy tile in Epcot, visit the new display outside of the park’s main entrance. Scan the QR code at the beginning of each wall or visit the EPCOT Tile Finder website. Enter your name and the website will provide you with your tile’s panel number, row number, and column number. Use these coordinates to locate your specific tile on the Leave a Legacy walls. If you need assistance, you can ask a Cast Member or visit EPCOT Guest Relations.
Locating Your Leave a Legacy Tile
To find your Leave a Legacy tile in Epcot, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Leave a Legacy display: The new display is located outside of the main entrance of Epcot, before you go through the turnstiles. The colorful panels align with the new EPCOT color block scheme.
- Scan the QR code or visit the website: At the beginning of each wall, you’ll find a QR code. Use your smart device to scan this code, which will take you to the EPCOT Tile Finder website. Alternatively, you can visit the website directly.
- Follow the website instructions: The website will guide you through the process of finding your tile. Enter the required information, such as your name, and the website will provide you with your tile’s panel number, row number, and column number.
- Locate your tile: Armed with your tile’s coordinates, you can now find your specific tile on the Leave a Legacy walls.
If you have difficulty finding your tile, there are several ways to get help:
- Use the EPCOT Tile Finder website: The website is intuitive and easy to use, and it provides the exact coordinates of your tile.
- Visit EPCOT Guest Relations: If you prefer in-person assistance, the EPCOT Guest Relations team can help you locate your tile on the display.
- Ask a Cast Member: Often, there are Cast Members available near the Leave a Legacy walls who can provide assistance in locating a specific tile.
Making the Most of Your Visit
A visit to the Leave a Legacy display can be a memorable part of your EPCOT experience. Here are a few tips to make the most of your visit:
- Take photos and share memories: Once you’ve found your photo, take a moment to capture the memory. The vibrant, colorful display makes a great backdrop for photos.
- Appreciate the transformation: The new Leave a Legacy display is part of EPCOT’s ongoing transformation, which includes a redesigned entrance, new color palette, and other updates to the park. Take some time to explore and appreciate the changes happening in EPCOT during your visit.
- Explore other interactive exhibits: EPCOT is home to several interactive exhibits such as ImageWorks, Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future, and the American Heritage Gallery. These exhibits offer immersive, interactive experiences that add to the magic of EPCOT.
Finding your Leave a Legacy tile in EPCOT can be a fun and memorable experience. Whether you’re revisiting a tile you placed years ago or discovering the display for the first time, the Leave a Legacy program is a unique part of EPCOT’s history and future. Happy searching!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the significance of the Leave a Legacy program at Epcot?
The Leave a Legacy program offered guests a unique opportunity to become a part of Epcot’s history. By having their photos etched onto steel tiles, guests could “leave their mark” on the park. This program created a visual representation of the global community that Epcot represents.
Can new guests still add their photos to the Leave a Legacy display?
No, the Leave a Legacy program ended in June 2007. The current display features the photos of guests who participated in the program while it was active.
What happened to the Leave a Legacy tiles during the renovation of Epcot’s entrance?
The Leave a Legacy monuments were temporarily removed during the renovation of Epcot’s entrance. However, they were reinstalled in a new location outside the park entrance in February 2021.
How can I identify my Leave a Legacy tile?
You can identify your Leave a Legacy tile by scanning the QR code at the beginning of each wall with your smart device. This will direct you to the EPCOT Tile Finder website, where you can enter your information to find your tile’s panel number, row number, and column number.
What if I have difficulty finding my Leave a Legacy tile?
If you have difficulty finding your tile, you can get help from the EPCOT Tile Finder website, EPCOT Guest Relations, or a Cast Member near the Leave a Legacy display.