When planning a trip to Disney World, weather conditions are a crucial factor to consider. Storms can occur, especially during the hurricane season, which typically ranges from June through November. In this article, we will explore what happens if it storms at Disney World, from operational changes to safety measures and everything in between.
If it storms at Disney World, the park has several safety measures in place such as designated storm shelters, emergency services, potential ride closures, and communication channels for guests. They may also offer discounts, waive cancellation fees, and adjust park hours. During a severe storm, guests may be instructed to shelter in their resort and follow emergency procedures. Despite the potential disruptions, Disney World aims to ensure guest safety and enjoyment even during a storm.
Disney World Storm Preparedness
Disney World is well-prepared for storms and inclement weather. The theme park has several safety measures in place to ensure the safety of its guests and staff, which include:
- Designated storm shelters: These are located throughout the park and resort hotels to provide safe spaces during severe weather.
- Emergency services: Disney World has in place emergency services to respond to any incidents during a storm.
- Ride closures: During severe weather, outdoor rides and attractions may be temporarily closed.
- Shelter-in-place instructions: In the event of a hurricane, guests may be instructed to shelter in place at their resort.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policies: Disney World may waive cancellation or change fees for guests affected by a storm.
- Communication: Guests are informed about impending weather conditions through the My Disney Experience app and other channels.
- Preparedness: Disney World has protocols in place for severe weather, including staff training and procedures for handling emergencies.
Impact on Daily Operations and Activities
A storm can significantly impact daily operations and activities at Disney World. During a storm, the resort may take various measures to ensure the safety of guests and staff. These measures include:
- Offering discounts and waiving cancellation fees: Disney World may offer discounts on hotel stays for evacuees and first responders during a storm. They may also waive change and cancellation fees for guests affected by the storm.
- Closing certain attractions and facilities: During a storm, some attractions and facilities may be temporarily closed due to safety concerns. For example, during Hurricane Idalia, Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Winter Summerland Miniature Golf, and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf were temporarily closed.
- Adjusting park hours: Disney World may adjust park hours or close the parks entirely during severe weather conditions.
- Lower attendance and wait times: During a storm, attendance at the parks may be lower, resulting in shorter wait times for attractions.
Communication During a Storm
Keeping guests informed during a storm is a top priority for Disney World. The My Disney Experience app is used to alert guests of safety measures during severe weather events. Disney also has a partnership with WeatherBug, which combines Disney Weather Check technology into the WeatherBug app, providing location-based weather forecasts. This app helps guests plan their day around the weather and prepare for weather emergencies.
Emergency Procedures During a Storm
During a storm, it is essential to follow the emergency procedures to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you. These include:
- Staying indoors and seeking shelter in a designated area.
- Avoiding electrical equipment and plumbing.
- Monitoring weather updates.
- Preparing for high winds by removing loose items that could become projectiles.
- Providing first aid if necessary.
Guest Services During a Storm
During a storm, hotels and other accommodations typically provide various amenities and services to ensure the safety and comfort of their guests. These may include emergency supplies, backup power, safe shelter, communication updates, assistance with travel arrangements, and flexible cancellation policies.
Evacuations and Sheltering During a Severe Storm
When a hurricane is imminent, Disney World coordinates with state and county partners to ensure safety. Guests staying at Disney World hotels will be instructed to shelter in place during the strongest part of the storm. Each resort has 24/7 security coverage and designated evacuation areas.
Disney World also has a hurricane policy in place, which allows guests to cancel or reschedule their trips without incurring fees if a hurricane warning is issued for the Orlando area or the guest’s residence within seven days of their scheduled arrival date.
Unique Storm Stories at Disney World
Despite the challenges posed by storms, Disney World’s commitment to guest safety and enjoyment shines through. During Hurricane Irma in 2017, guests reported that Disney provided plenty of food and water, and some even enjoyed the low wait times for attractions due to the reduced crowds.
In conclusion, while a storm at Disney World might disrupt your plans, rest assured that Disney has comprehensive measures in place to ensure your safety and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Always stay informed, follow safety procedures, and make the most of your Disney World experience, rain or shine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Disney World hurricane policy?
If a hurricane warning is issued for the Orlando area or the guest’s residence within seven days of their scheduled arrival date, Disney World’s hurricane policy allows guests to cancel or reschedule their trips without incurring fees.
How does Disney World communicate with guests about impending storms?
Disney World uses the My Disney Experience app to alert guests of safety measures during severe weather events. They also have a partnership with WeatherBug, which integrates Disney Weather Check technology into the WeatherBug app, providing location-based weather forecasts.
What happens to outdoor attractions during a storm at Disney World?
During severe weather, outdoor rides and attractions may be temporarily closed for safety reasons.
What services do Disney World’s hotels provide during a storm?
Hotels and other accommodations typically provide various amenities and services during a storm, including emergency supplies, backup power, safe shelter, communication updates, assistance with travel arrangements, and flexible cancellation policies.
What are some of the unique experiences guests have had at Disney World during a storm?
During Hurricane Irma in 2017, some guests reported that Disney provided plenty of food and water, and enjoyed the low wait times for attractions due to the reduced crowds.