The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is a place filled with enchanting attractions, magical experiences, and unforgettable moments. One of the ways to preserve these memories is through the ride photos that are taken on some of the attractions. If you’ve ever wondered which rides at Magic Kingdom take pictures, then you’re in the right place.
The rides at Magic Kingdom that take pictures are Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain. These photos are automatically captured and can be viewed and purchased through Disney’s PhotoPass service.
Rides at Magic Kingdom That Take Pictures
There are several rides at Magic Kingdom that offer on-ride photos. These photos are captured automatically and can be viewed and purchased through Disney’s PhotoPass service. Here’s a list of the rides that take pictures:
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: The photo is taken in the final Emperor Zurg scene on the right.
- Haunted Mansion: The photo is taken near the beginning of the ride, in the hallway with the Medusa portrait.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The photo is taken just before the first small drop.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: As you go down the first big hill, look to your left for the photo camera. A video camera is also present not long after the photo camera.
- Space Mountain: The photo is taken just after the first corner of the ride.
- Splash Mountain: The photo is taken during the big drop.
Retrieving Your Ride Photos
After the ride, the photos are usually displayed on a bank of screens near the exit. If you’re wearing a MagicBand or have a scan-able ticket, the ride’s technology will automatically capture this information and link it to your account.
If you’re in the “wall of monitors” situation, you can tap your Magic Band or RFID key on the designated spot to link the photo to your account. If you’ve left the park and want to retrieve your photos, you can log onto the website indicated on the card, register by filling out an online form, choose your photo format, and pay for the photos you want with your credit card.
The Cost of Ride Photos
While having your photo taken using the Disney PhotoPass service is free of charge, downloading or keeping photos comes at an additional cost. You can purchase individual photos a la carte, with prices generally around $18.95 for a set of two 4 x 6 prints or one 5 x 7 print, or $20.95 for one 8 x 10 print.
Alternatively, you can purchase photo packages like Memory Maker, which includes all of the photos taken during your visit, including ride photos and videos. Memory Maker costs $199 + tax, or $169 + tax if purchased at least 3 days before your trip. Another option is Memory Maker One Day, which costs $69 + tax and gives you unlimited downloads of all your photos and ride photos from a single day.
Getting the Best Ride Photos
To get the best ride photos at Magic Kingdom, you can follow these tips and tricks:
- Know where the cameras are: Research beforehand to know exactly where the cameras are located on each ride. This way, you can pose and smile at the right moment.
- Wear bright colors: Wearing bright colors can make you stand out in the photo, especially on rides that are indoors or have darker settings.
- Use expressive body language: The more expressive you are, the better your photo will turn out. Don’t be afraid to be silly and have fun!
- Use Disney’s PhotoPass service: This service takes high-quality photos for you, so you can focus on enjoying the moment.
In conclusion, ride photos are a great way to capture the magic of your visit to Magic Kingdom. Whether you’re soaring through space on Space Mountain, or joining Captain Jack Sparrow on Pirates of the Caribbean, these photos will serve as a reminder of the fun and excitement you experienced during your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I preview my ride photos before purchasing them?
Yes, you can preview your ride photos before purchasing them. They will be displayed on a bank of screens near the exit of the ride. Additionally, you can also preview them on the Disney PhotoPass website or on the My Disney Experience mobile app.
How long will my ride photos be available for purchase?
Your ride photos will be available for purchase for 45 days after the photo was taken. After that, they will be deleted from the system.
Can I get a digital copy of my ride photo?
Yes, digital downloads are available for purchase. These can be bought individually or as part of the Memory Maker package which includes all digital photo downloads.
What happens if my ride photo is not showing up on my account?
If your ride photo is not showing up on your account, you can contact the Disney PhotoPass Guest Support. They may be able to help locate and link the photo to your account.
Can I share my ride photos on social media?
Yes, once you have purchased a digital copy of your ride photo, you can share it on social media. Disney even provides a share button on their website and app for easy sharing.