Planning a trip to Disney World can be as thrilling as the visit itself. With numerous attractions to explore, shows to watch, and food to savor, it’s essential to plan your trip in advance. One critical aspect of your Disney World trip planning is dining reservations. This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide on when you can reserve dining at Disney World, how to do it, and tips to secure your preferred dining experiences.
You can reserve dining at Disney World up to 60 days in advance of your visit. If you’re staying at a Disney World Resort hotel, you can make reservations for your entire stay (up to 10 days) 60 days before the first day of your trip. Online booking starts at 6:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST). You can make reservations online, by phone, through a travel agent, or via the My Disney Experience app.
Making Reservations: The Timeline
Disney World allows guests to make dining reservations up to 60 days in advance. If you’re staying at a Disney World Resort hotel, you can make reservations for your entire stay (up to 10 days) 60 days before the first day of your trip. Online booking starts at 6:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST), and it’s recommended to start as early as 5:45 AM EST to secure your spot.
How to Make Dining Reservations
There are several ways to make dining reservations at Disney World:
- Online: Visit the Disney World website and navigate to the “Things to Do” menu. Then, scroll down to “Dining” and follow the steps to make a reservation.
- By Phone: Call Disney at 407-939-3463 to make a dining reservation. The Disney Reservation Center phone line is available between 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, Mon-Fri, and 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Sat and Sun.
- Through a Travel Agent: If you’re working with a travel agent, they may be able to make dining reservations for you as part of their service.
- My Disney Experience app: Download the app and use it to make dining reservations. You’ll need to have the app installed and a stored credit card as your payment method.
Restrictions and Limitations
While making reservations, it’s essential to be aware of certain restrictions and limitations:
- Advance Reservations: It is highly recommended to make advance reservations for table-service restaurants, character dining, and fine/signature dining experiences.
- Large Parties: Making reservations for a party larger than 8 guests can be challenging, as most table-service locations are not equipped to seat large dining parties.
- Multiple Reservations: Guests are not permitted to book dining reservations within 2 hours of another reservation.
Disney World allows guests to cancel their dining reservations up to two hours in advance without any cancellation fee at most locations. However, some restaurants may have different cancellation requirements, and pre-paid locations will still retain the full pre-paid amount if guests fail to cancel one day in advance.
Securing Popular Dining Reservations
Securing popular dining reservations at Disney World can be challenging, but with the right strategies, you can increase your chances of getting the reservations you want. Here are some tips:
- Book in Advance: Make your Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) as early as possible.
- Be Flexible: Being open to different meal times can increase your chances of securing a reservation at popular restaurants.
- Use the Refresh Method: Continuously refresh the reservation page to check for newly available slots.
In conclusion, planning your dining reservations at Disney World can significantly enhance your trip experience. Be sure to make your reservations well in advance, be flexible with your dining times, and don’t forget to check for last-minute cancellations. Enjoy your magical dining experience at Disney World!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the peak times for dining at Disney World?
Peak dining times at Disney World usually coincide with traditional meal times. Breakfast is typically busiest from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, lunch from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and dinner from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Can I modify my dining reservation after I’ve made it?
Yes, you can modify your dining reservation after you’ve made it, subject to availability. You can make changes or cancellations using the Disney World website, the My Disney Experience app, or by calling the Disney Reservation Center.
What happens if I miss my dining reservation?
If you miss your dining reservation without cancelling at least two hours in advance, you may be charged a no-show fee. The fee varies depending on the restaurant, but it’s typically $10 to $25 per person.
Are there any vegan or vegetarian dining options at Disney World?
Yes, Disney World offers a variety of vegan and vegetarian dining options. Each restaurant has its own menu and dietary options, so it’s recommended to check the menus online or contact the restaurant directly for specific dietary requests.
Do I need to provide a credit card to make a dining reservation?
Yes, a valid credit card is required at the time of booking to hold your dining reservation at Disney World. The card will not be charged unless you fail to cancel your reservation within the specified cancellation period and do not show up for your reservation.