Epcot, the theme park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, is known for its vast array of dining options. This park offers a culinary tour around the world without leaving Florida. This article will guide you through the best places to eat at Epcot and some of the top must-try foods.
Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida offers a vast array of dining options from around the world. Top restaurants include Teppan Edo, Space 220, and La Hacienda de San Angel. Must-try foods range from Bechamel, Cheese & Ham Galette from France, Liege Waffle from Connections Eatery & Cafe, to Pot Stickers from Lotus Blossom Cafe in China. Epcot also hosts several food festivals and caters to various dietary restrictions.
Best Restaurants at Epcot
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, Epcot has something to satisfy every palate. Here are some of the best restaurants at Epcot:
1. Teppan Edo (Japan Pavilion): This restaurant offers a great choice for families, date nights, or special occasions, serving delicious Japanese cuisine.
2. Space 220 (Future World): Epcot’s newest restaurant takes guests 220 miles up into space via an elevator and offers a unique dining experience with a menu of contemporary American cuisine.
3. La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico Pavilion): Enjoy Mexican cuisine with a beautiful view of the World Showcase Lagoon.
4. Biergarten Restaurant (Germany Pavilion): Experience a traditional German buffet in a festive atmosphere.
5. Tutto Italia and Via Napoli (Italy Pavilion): These two restaurants serve delicious Italian dishes, including pasta, pizza, and more.
6. Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada Pavilion): Known for its steaks and poutine, this restaurant is a popular choice for meat lovers.
7. Chefs de France (France Pavilion): Enjoy French cuisine in a charming bistro setting.
8. Sunshine Seasons (The Land Pavilion): This quick-service restaurant offers a variety of fresh and healthy options.
Must-Try Foods at Epcot
Epcot offers a wide variety of must-try foods from different countries and pavilions. Some of the top foods to try at Epcot include:
1. Bechamel, Cheese & Ham Galette, and Housemade Hazelnut & Chocolate Spread Crêpe (Nutella) from France.
2. Liege Waffle from Connections Eatery & Cafe.
3. Pain au Chocolat from Le Halles Boulangerie Patissiere.
4. Caramel Butter Bar from Karamell Kuche.
5. Caramel S’mores, Macaroons, and Tarte Au Fraises (Strawberry Tart) from various pavilions.
6. Funnel Cake with Ice Cream.
7. Churro Bites with Caramel Sauce from La Cantina de San Angel in the Mexico Pavilion.
8. Pot Stickers from Lotus Blossom Cafe in China.
9. Nutella Filled Beignets.
10. Kakigori (Japanese shaved ice) from Kabuki Cafe in Japan.
11. Gingerbread Salted Caramel.
12. French Bistro Burger from Connections Eatery.
13. Tuna Tataki from Space 220 Restaurant.
14. Oak-grilled Rotisserie Chicken from Sunshine Seasons.
15. Turtle Brownie & Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons, The Land.
16. Croque Glacé from L’Artisan des Glaces in France.
17. Napoleon from Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France.
Keep in mind that Epcot also hosts various festivals throughout the year, which offer additional food options. Be sure to explore the World Showcase and try different snacks and dishes from each pavilion to fully experience the culinary delights of Epcot.
Unique Dining Experiences at Epcot
The World Showcase at EPCOT offers a variety of unique dining experiences from different countries. Some of the most unique dining experiences can be found in the following pavilions:
1. Mexico Pavilion: La Hacienda de San Angel and San Angel Inn offer authentic Mexican cuisine in a beautiful setting.
2. Norway Pavilion: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and Princess Storybook Restaurant provide a taste of Norwegian cuisine and a chance to meet Disney princesses.
3. China Pavilion: Nine Dragons Restaurant serves a variety of Chinese dishes, including Cantonese, Hunan, Szechuan, Mongolian, and Kiangche-style food, in a regal atmosphere with traditional Chinese lanterns and wood carvings.
4. Japan Pavilion: Takumi-Tei, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, and Shiki-Sai: Sushi offer a range of Japanese cuisine, from sushi to teppanyaki, in elegant settings.
5. France Pavilion: Chefs de France is a Parisian-style café that serves French cuisine in a brasserie-like atmosphere.
6. Morocco Pavilion: This pavilion is known for its beautiful architecture and delicious food, with Spice Road Table being one of the four restaurants offering a variety of Moroccan dishes.
These pavilions offer immersive dining experiences that showcase the unique flavors and cultures of their respective countries. Be sure to make advanced dining reservations to secure a spot at these popular restaurants.
Epcot’s Food Festivals and Seasonal Events
Epcot hosts several food festivals and seasonal food events that visitors should be aware of. Some of the most popular ones include:
1. EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival: This annual event takes place from July 27 to November 18, 2023, and features a culinary exploration across six continents with global marketplaces, live music, memorable meals, and scavenger hunts.
2. EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival: Although primarily focused on flowers and gardens, this festival also offers food and wine experiences as part of its seasonal celebrations.
3. EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays: Running from November 24 to December 30, 2023, this event celebrates the holiday season with food booths, referred to as Holiday Kitchens, offering dishes from various countries and cultures.
These festivals provide visitors with the opportunity to taste delicious food and drinks from different cultures, enjoy live entertainment, and participate in various activities. Make sure to plan your visit to Epcot accordingly to make the most of these exciting food events!
Dietary Restrictions at Epcot
Epcot is known for its accommodation of various dietary restrictions. Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, or have a nut allergy, you’ll find a variety of options to choose from. Here are some recommendations:
Vegetarian/Vegan Options 1. Katsura Grill: Vegetable Roll and Yasai (vegetable) Udon. 2. Regal Eagle Smokehouse: BBQ Jackfruit Burger and Plant-Based Burger on Garlic Toast topped with BBQ Jackfruit. 3. Biergarten Restaurant: Beet Salad and Tomato Salad. 4. Teppan Edo: Edamame, Vegetable Sushi Roll (not on the menu), and Yasai (note vegan when ordering).
Gluten-Free/Nut-Free Options 1. Le Cellier Steakhouse: They offer a gluten-free menu featuring dishes like the Le Cellier Filet Mignon. 2. Coral Reef Restaurant: Known for its seafood dishes, it also offers a variety of gluten-free options. 3. Sunshine Seasons: This quick-service restaurant offers a variety of fresh and healthy options, many of which are allergen-friendly.
These are just a few examples of the variety of dietary options available at Epcot. Be sure to check with the restaurant staff for the latest menu updates and any necessary modifications to ensure the dishes are suitable for your dietary preferences.
Epcot is a food lover’s paradise. With its vast array of dining options, food festivals, and unique culinary experiences, there’s something to satisfy every palate. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack, a sit-down meal, or a unique dining experience, Epcot has something to offer. So, come and enjoy the culinary delights that Epcot has to offer!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the operating hours of Epcot?
Epcot’s typical operating hours are 9 AM to 9 PM, but these hours can vary depending on the season and special events. It’s always best to check the official Disney World website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Do I need to make reservations for dining at Epcot?
Yes, for most sit-down restaurants at Epcot, it’s highly recommended to make reservations. You can make dining reservations up to 60 days in advance through the My Disney Experience app or the official Disney World website.
Can I bring my own food and drinks into Epcot?
Yes, guests are allowed to bring food items into the park, including snacks and foods that do not require heating. However, alcoholic beverages and glass containers are not allowed.
Are there any discounts available for dining at Epcot?
Yes, there are several ways to get discounts at Epcot restaurants. If you’re an Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation Club member, or hold a Disney Rewards Visa Card, you can get various discounts on dining. Also, the Disney Dining Plan can provide savings if you plan to eat at the park often.
Is there a dress code for dining at Epcot?
Casual attire is fine for most restaurants at Epcot. However, if you’re dining at one of the more upscale restaurants, such as Monsieur Paul in the France Pavilion, a more formal dress code may be enforced. It’s best to check the specific dress code for each restaurant on the Disney World website.
Are there any character dining experiences at Epcot?
Yes, Epcot offers character dining experiences at certain restaurants. For example, at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in the Norway Pavilion, you can dine with Disney Princesses. It’s recommended to make reservations for these experiences.