If you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World, you might be wondering how to add a meal plan to your Disney reservation. This guide will provide an in-depth explanation of how to do so, the types of meal plans available, their costs, and some useful tips and tricks to get the most out of your meal plan.
To add a meal plan to your Disney reservation, log into your Disney account, navigate to your reservation details under “My Reservations” or “My Plans”, click on “Change Reservation”, and add the Disney Dining Plan of your choice. Review and confirm changes. You can add a meal plan at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
Adding a Meal Plan to Your Disney Reservation
To add a meal plan to your Disney reservation, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Disney account.
- Go to your reservation details under “My Reservations” or “My Plans”.
- Click on “Change Reservation”.
- Add the Disney Dining Plan of your choice.
- Review and confirm changes.
Remember, you can add a meal plan to your Disney reservation at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. If you’re having trouble, you can also call Disney’s reservation line for assistance.
Types of Meal Plans
Disney offers two types of meal plans:
- Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan: This plan is suitable for families on the go. It includes 2 Quick-Service Meals, 1 Selected Snack, and 1 Refillable Resort Mug per person per night’s stay.
- Disney Dining Plan: This plan includes 1 Quick-Service Meal, 1 Table-Service Meal, 1 Selected Snack, and 1 Refillable Resort Mug per person per night’s stay. It’s perfect for those who want to enjoy a variety of dining options, including Character Dining locations.
Cost of Adding a Meal Plan
The cost of adding a meal plan to your Disney reservation varies depending on the type of plan you choose. As of 2024, the Quick Service Dining Plan costs $57.01 per adult and $23.83 per child (ages 3 to 9) per day. The Standard Dining Plan costs $94.28 per adult and $29.69 per child (ages 3 to 9) per day.
Tips and Tricks to Get the Most Out of Your Meal Plan
To maximize the value of your Disney meal plan, consider these tips:
- Choose high-value restaurants.
- Use snack credits wisely.
- Explore quick service options.
- Share credits.
- Opt for character meals or buffets.
- Use snack and quick service credits at Epcot festivals.
- Book a VIP show package.
- Plan your meals in advance.
Sharing Meals on the Disney Dining Plan
Sharing meals on the Disney Dining Plan can be a great way to stretch your credits. Here are some tips for doing so:
- Plan ahead.
- Understand the credit system.
- Share meals.
- Choose the right restaurants.
- Consider sharing Quick Service Meals.
- Use leftover credits.
- Avoid special menus and add-ons.
In conclusion, adding a meal plan to your Disney reservation can be a great way to save money and enjoy a wide variety of dining options during your Disney World vacation. By following the steps outlined above and taking advantage of the tips and tricks provided, you can make the most of your Disney Dining Plan experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add a meal plan to my Disney reservation after I’ve arrived at the resort?
No, you cannot add a meal plan after your arrival at the resort. Meal plans must be added at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
Can I change my meal plan after I’ve added it to my reservation?
Yes, you can make changes to your meal plan up to 48 hours prior to your arrival. After that, no changes can be made.
Is the cost of the meal plan included in the price of my Disney reservation?
No, the cost of the meal plan is separate from the cost of your Disney reservation. It will be added to your total bill.
Can I use my meal plan credits on the day of my check-out?
Yes, any unused meal credits will be available until midnight on the day of your check-out.
Can I use my meal plan credits at any restaurant in Disney World?
Meal plan credits can be used at most quick-service restaurants, table-service restaurants, and snack locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. However, some locations may not accept meal plan credits, so it’s always a good idea to check ahead.
Can I use my Quick Service credits for Table Service meals?
No, Quick Service meal credits cannot be used for Table Service meals. Quick Service credits can only be used at Quick Service locations.
What happens if I don’t use all my meal plan credits?
Any unused meal plan credits will expire at midnight on the day of your check-out. They cannot be refunded or transferred. It’s best to use all your credits before the end of your stay.