The distance between two of Florida’s most popular theme parks, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios, is a frequent query among visitors. Whether you’re planning a day trip or a week-long vacation, understanding the distance and travel options can help you make the most of your visit. This article provides comprehensive information on the distance, travel options, costs, and tips to consider when traveling between these two iconic parks.
The distance between Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios, both located in Orlando, Florida, is approximately 11.1 miles (17.9 kilometers). The travel time between the two parks varies depending on the mode of transportation and traffic conditions, but typically ranges from 15 to 25 minutes by car.
Distance Between Parks
The exact distance between Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios Florida is approximately 11.1 miles (17.9 kilometers). However, the distance may vary slightly depending on the specific locations within the parks and the route taken. Both theme parks are located in Orlando, Florida, with Universal Studios situated closer to the city center and Disney World, including Animal Kingdom, located more to the south of Orlando.
Travel Options and Costs
There are several means of transport available to travel between Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios:
- Rideshare services: Uber and Lyft are convenient and reasonably priced options for traveling between the two destinations. The cost for a one-way trip is approximately $25.
- Public bus: The LYNX bus system offers transportation between Disney and Universal. However, this option may require transfers between different bus lines and can be less convenient than other options.
- Shuttle services: Mears Transportation Group provides shuttle services between Disney World and Universal Studios. The cost for a round trip is around $27 per person.
- Limo service: A more luxurious and expensive option is to hire a limo service, which can cost around $93 one-way or $186 round trip.
- Private car service: You can also book a private car service to transport you between the two destinations. Prices may vary depending on the service provider.
It’s important to note that Disney and Universal are competing theme park resorts, and they do not offer free transportation to each other’s parks.
By car, the journey between Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios takes about 15-25 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. If you prefer using rideshare services like Uber or Lyft, the average trip duration is around 27 minutes. However, if you choose to take a shuttle, you will need to book at least 3 hours in advance, and the shuttle may make several stops along the way.
Tips for Reducing Travel Time
While there are no direct shortcuts to reduce travel time, there are a few tips you can employ to make your journey smoother:
- Choose the right transportation: Driving or using rideshare services is usually the fastest option.
- Plan your visit during off-peak hours: Travel early in the morning or later in the evening to avoid traffic congestion.
- Use navigation apps: Real-time traffic updates from apps like Google Maps or Waze can help find the quickest route.
- Consider staying at a hotel near the parks: This can help reduce your travel time each day.
- Purchase park-to-park tickets: If you plan to visit both parks on the same day, park-to-park tickets allow you to move between the parks more efficiently.
Visitors can purchase combo tickets for both parks, providing access to all the parks within these resorts for a specified number of days. Combo tickets can offer better value than buying individual tickets, as they often come with a multi-buy discount. However, make sure to check the terms and conditions of the combo tickets to understand any restrictions or limitations on park access.
In conclusion, while the distance between Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios is not vast, planning your travel can ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience. Make sure to consider the various transport options, costs, travel times, and tips shared in this article to make the most of your visit to these iconic theme parks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the operating hours of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios?
Can I buy a ticket that allows access to both Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios?
No, Disney and Universal are separate entities and do not offer combined tickets. You can, however, purchase combo tickets that allow access to all the parks within each resort. For example, a combo ticket for Disney could include access to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.
Are there any discounts available for tickets to these parks?
Both Disney and Universal offer various discounts, including multi-day passes, Florida resident discounts, and special promotions. It’s best to check their official websites for the most current deals.
Is parking available at both parks?
Yes, both Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios offer on-site parking. The cost varies, so it’s best to check their official websites for the most accurate information.
Can I bring my own food and drinks into the parks?
Both parks allow guests to bring in certain types of food and drinks, but there are restrictions. Generally, no large coolers, glass containers, or alcoholic beverages are allowed. For specific policies, it’s best to check the official websites of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios Florida.