Disney World is known for its magical and immersive theme park attractions, and one of the most popular among them is the Frozen Ever After ride. Located in the Norway Pavilion of EPCOT’s World Showcase, this engaging ride takes guests on a musical voyage to Arendelle, the beloved kingdom from Disney’s animated film Frozen and the 2015 animated short Frozen Fever.
The Frozen Ride at Disney World, also known as Frozen Ever After, is a popular boat-ride attraction located in the Norway Pavilion of EPCOT’s World Showcase. It takes guests on a musical journey to Arendelle, the kingdom from Disney’s Frozen, using advanced animatronics and immersive storytelling. The ride features familiar songs from the Frozen movies, a backwards portion for added excitement, and even a few water elements.
A Journey to Arendelle
Frozen Ever After is a boat-ride attraction where you join Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and other Frozen characters on an enchanting journey. The ride is approximately 6 minutes long and features a few surprises that will make you feel part of the Frozen story. With the use of state-of-the-art Audio-Animatronic figures, the characters come to life with advanced facial animation technology. This technology was first used on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Magic Kingdom, and it gives the characters a more lifelike appearance.
Frozen Ever After: A Unique Experience
One of the unique experiences of the Frozen Ever After ride is the storyline. As you wait in line, you’re welcomed to an “Official Summer Snow Day” to commemorate the anniversary of the day when Princess Anna saved Queen Elsa. Once aboard, you’ll sail off into a winter wonderland where you’ll encounter Olaf and Sven singing “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” and even get to see Grand Pabbie recounting the film’s plot to a group of young trolls.
Main Features and Attractions
Frozen Ever After offers an immersive experience with several key features and attractions:
- Advanced Animatronics: The ride features advanced animatronics that give the Frozen characters a lifelike appearance.
- Musical Experience: You’ll hear familiar songs from the Frozen movie as you journey through Arendelle.
- Backwards Portion: The ride includes a section where the boat moves backward, adding an element of surprise and excitement.
- Water elements: There are two small hills in the ride, and you might get a little wet during the experience.
- Frozen Fever References: You’ll also spot details from the Frozen Fever animated short, such as Marshmallow and the mini snowmen.
Tips for Visiting Frozen Ever After
Here are some tips to enhance your visit to the Frozen Ever After ride:
- FastPass+: Use FastPass+ to reserve a specific time slot and significantly reduce your wait time.
- Arrive Early or Stay Late: Lines for Frozen Ever After tend to be shorter first thing in the morning and at the end of the day.
- Check Wait Times: Keep an eye on the wait times for Frozen Ever After throughout the day using the My Disney Experience app.
- Off-Peak Times: If possible, plan your visit to Walt Disney World during off-peak times to avoid larger crowds and longer wait times.
Whether you’re a fan of the Frozen franchise or just looking for a fun, family-friendly ride, Frozen Ever After is a must-visit attraction at Disney World’s EPCOT. With its engaging storyline, advanced animatronics, and immersive experience, it’s no wonder this ride is a favorite among park guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Frozen Ever After ride suitable for all ages?
Yes, Frozen Ever After is a family-friendly ride and suitable for guests of all ages. However, children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
Does the Frozen Ever After ride have any height restrictions?
No, there are no height restrictions for the Frozen Ever After ride. It’s a gentle boat ride that’s designed to be enjoyed by the whole family.
How often does the Frozen Ever After ride operate?
The Frozen Ever After ride operates during the normal operating hours of the EPCOT park. It’s always a good idea to check the official Disney World website or the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date information on park hours and ride closures.
Is there a gift shop nearby where I can buy Frozen merchandise?
Yes, The Puffin’s Roost, the Norway Pavilion gift shop, sells a variety of Frozen-themed merchandise, including clothing, toys, and collectibles.
Can I meet Anna and Elsa at the park?
Yes, guests have the opportunity to meet Anna and Elsa at the Royal Sommerhus, located right next to the Frozen Ever After ride.