Ocala, a city in Marion County, Florida, is known for its picturesque landscapes, historic sites, and unique attractions. But if you’re in Ocala and itching for a magical experience, you might be considering a trip to Disney World. The question is, how far is Ocala from Disney World? Let’s dive in and find out!
Ocala is approximately 90 miles away from Disney World. If you’re driving, it would take you roughly 1 hour and 23 minutes to reach Disney World from Ocala, depending on the route and traffic conditions.
Distance and Travel Time
The exact distance from Ocala to Disney World is approximately 90 miles (145 kilometers). If you’re planning on driving, it would take you roughly 1 hour and 23 minutes to reach Disney World from Ocala. However, this estimated travel time can vary depending on the route you take and the current traffic conditions.
There are several ways to travel from Ocala to Disney World. Here are a few options:
- Driving: The quickest and most convenient way to get to Disney World from Ocala is by car. The driving distance is approximately 89 miles and takes about 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Shuttle: Shuttleliner of Ocala operates a shuttle service between Ocala and Disney World.
- Bus: Bus services such as RedCoach, FlixBus, and Greyhound offer routes from Ocala to Orlando, which is close to Disney World. The bus journey takes around 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 50 minutes, and ticket prices start from $15. From Orlando, you can take a short drive or use local transportation options to reach Disney World.
There are two main routes from Ocala to Disney World:
- Via Florida’s Turnpike: This route involves taking I-75 S from Ocala and then merging onto Florida’s Turnpike. The total driving distance for this route is approximately 90 miles (145 kilometers).
- Via US-27 S: Another option is to take US-27 S from Ocala, which will eventually lead you to Disney World. The total driving distance for this route is approximately 89 miles (144 kilometers).
Notable Sights and Stops
While on your journey from Ocala to Disney World, you might want to consider making a few stops at some notable sights:
- Sholom Park: A peaceful park with beautiful gardens and walking trails.
- Silver Springs State Park: Known for its glass-bottom boat tours, kayaking, and wildlife viewing.
- Ocala National Forest: Offers hiking trails, boating, and nature spotting.
Tips for First-Time Travelers
If you’re traveling from Ocala to Disney World for the first time, here are a few tips:
- Plan ahead and purchase tickets in advance.
- Make dining reservations at Disney World.
- Use the My Disney Experience app to manage your trip.
- Arrive early at the parks to avoid long lines.
- Take breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge.
- Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen.
- Use Disney’s complimentary transportation options.
- Be prepared for weather changes.
Distance Comparison with Other Cities
To give you a better understanding of the distance from Ocala to Disney World, here’s how it compares to other major cities in Florida:
- Orlando to Disney World: 23 miles
- Tampa to Disney World: 62 miles
- St. Petersburg to Disney World: 78 miles
- Jacksonville to Disney World: 135 miles
- Hialeah to Disney World: 191 miles
In conclusion, Ocala is relatively close to Disney World compared to other major cities in Florida. So if you’re in Ocala and dreaming of a magical adventure, Disney World is just a short drive away!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the operating hours of Disney World?
Disney World’s operating hours vary depending on the season and the specific park. Generally, the parks open between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM and close between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM. It’s best to check the official website for the most accurate information.
Can I take a train from Ocala to Disney World?
There is currently no direct train service from Ocala to Disney World. The closest Amtrak station to Disney World is in Kissimmee, which is about 20 miles away. From there, you would need to arrange additional transportation.
Are there any tolls on the route from Ocala to Disney World?
Yes, if you take the route via Florida’s Turnpike, there are tolls. The cost can vary, so it’s best to check the Florida Department of Transportation’s website for the most accurate information.
How much does parking cost at Disney World?
As of the time of writing, standard parking at Disney World costs $25 per day. Preferred parking, which is closer to the entrance, costs $45-$50 per day. Prices are subject to change, so it’s recommended to check the official Disney World website for the most current rates.
Can I buy Disney World tickets at the gate?
Yes, you can buy tickets at the gate, but it’s strongly recommended to purchase them in advance online. Buying tickets at the gate can lead to longer wait times and there’s a risk the park could reach capacity, especially during peak times.