Disneyland, the happiest place on earth, is an exciting destination for many Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members. From thrilling rides to enchanting character encounters, Disneyland has something to offer every member of the family. But did you know that you can use your DVC points to book a stay at the Disneyland Hotel? If you’re a DVC member and you’re planning a trip to Disneyland, read on to learn how you can use your points to book a stay at the Disneyland Hotel.
To book Disneyland Hotel with DVC points, first, check the Points Charts for Disneyland Hotel to determine how many points are required for your stay. Then, contact Member Services to check availability. Once you’ve confirmed availability, call Member Services to book your stay, providing your desired travel dates, room type, and the number of DVC points you want to use. After booking, review your reservation details to ensure accuracy.
What are DVC Points?
DVC points, or Disney Vacation Club points, are a flexible currency used by DVC members to book accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts. When you become a DVC member, you receive a set number of points annually for the duration of your contract, which can be as long as 50 years. The number of points required for a vacation stay depends on the destination and can be found in the Disney Vacation Club Points Chart.
How to Obtain DVC Points
There are several ways to obtain DVC points:
- Purchase a DVC membership directly from Disney, which includes an initial minimum purchase of points.
- Buy DVC points on the resale market from existing DVC members selling their full points package.
- Rent DVC points from a professional service like David’s Vacation Club Rentals or DVC Rental Store, or directly from a DVC owner.
- Transfer points from another DVC member.
Disneyland Hotel and DVC Membership
As a DVC member, you can book stays at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, a new DVC resort that opened in Fall 2023. The Villas at Disneyland Hotel feature 340 themed accommodations, including duo studios, deluxe studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, and three-bedroom grand villas.
How to Book Disneyland Hotel with DVC Points
To book a Disneyland Hotel with DVC points, follow these steps:
- Check the Points Charts: Review the Points Charts for Disneyland Hotel to determine how many points are required for your desired stay.
- Determine availability: Contact Member Services to request a reservation and check availability for Disneyland Hotel.
- Call Member Services: When you’re ready to book, call Member Services and provide them with your desired travel dates, room type, and the number of DVC points you want to use for the reservation.
- Confirm your reservation: Once the reservation is available, Member Services will confirm your booking.
- Review your reservation: After booking, review your reservation details to ensure everything is accurate.
Benefits of Using DVC Points at Disneyland Hotel
Using DVC points to book a Disneyland Hotel offers several benefits:
- Flexibility: DVC points can be used to book rooms at any of the on-property hotels at Disneyland, providing more options when planning your stay.
- Themed accommodations: The Villas at Disneyland Hotel feature themed accommodations that celebrate the creativity of Walt Disney Animation Studios films.
- Exclusive booking windows: DVC members who purchase a new or add-on contract at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel can use their Home Resort Priority Window of 11 months.
- Shopping discounts: DVC members receive shopping discounts at select Disneyland Resort stores.
Limitations and Restrictions
Although using DVC points at Disneyland Hotel offers numerous benefits, there are some restrictions:
- Resale Restrictions: If you purchase a resale contract for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, you can only use your points at this resort.
- Reservation Points Conversion: When using DVC points for Disneyland Hotel, your Vacation Points will be converted to Reservation Points. Once converted, they can no longer be used to book DVC Resort accommodations.
- Direct Purchase Benefits: To use points toward every DVC resort and other Disney destinations, you must purchase your ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Club.
Using your DVC points to book a stay at the Disneyland Hotel is a fantastic way to enjoy the magic of Disneyland while taking advantage of the benefits and flexibility of your DVC membership. So why wait? Start planning your Disneyland adventure today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use DVC points for dining and entertainment at Disneyland?
No, DVC points are primarily used for accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts. However, DVC members do have the option to convert points into a Disney Gift Card which can be used for dining, shopping, and entertainment expenses at Disney destinations, including Disneyland.
Can I purchase additional DVC points if I don’t have enough for my desired stay?
Yes, as a DVC member, you have the option to purchase additional points directly from Disney Vacation Club. However, it’s important to note that these points can be more expensive than those obtained through your initial membership purchase or the resale market.
What happens if I don’t use all of my DVC points in a given year?
If you don’t use all of your DVC points in a given year, you can “Bank” them for use in the following year. However, this must be done before your points expire, and once banked, points cannot be moved back to the current Use Year.
Can I cancel my DVC reservation at Disneyland Hotel?
Yes, you can cancel your DVC reservation. However, the points you used for the booking will be returned as “Holding Points” which have more restrictions on their use than regular DVC points. It’s recommended to be sure of your plans before making a reservation to avoid these restrictions.
Can I book Disneyland Hotel using DVC points for someone else?
Yes, DVC members can use their points to book stays for family and friends. This is known as a “Guest Reservation”. The member must make the reservation on behalf of their guest and the guest does not receive any DVC member benefits during their stay.